Tea Party Cake... Tell Me What You Think

Decorating By skittles2120 Updated 5 May 2016 , 8:21pm by gfbaby

skittles2120 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 23

Hey, This is the first cake I've done that's been shaped and not just a flat one. What do you think? It was for a little girl's golden 7th birthday. They were having a tea party for it. The customers were very happy with it. The sugar bowl and front right tea cup are uneven but other than that I think it turned out pretty well. Also wanted to thank Granpam for all of her help and advice with this one. Thanks! Hope you like it.
LL

22 replies
jadak Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 23

I think that is very cute and I am sure the little girl was in awe of her cake!

pish Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 23

Beautiful. I'm glad the girl and her parents loved it because it is wonderful!

apwagner Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 23

I think it looks great!
You are probably only seeing the few flaws. I wouldn't have noticed anything if you hadn't pointed it out!

dupart30 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 23

oh my gosh I think it is wonderful.

KlyKat Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 23

I don't see one thing wrong with your tea set. I really like it! K'ly

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 23

HI, Your cake is great ! Any little girl would love to have it. You did a wonderful job on it !

DiannaSue Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 23

Your tea party cake is adorable. You did a fantastic job. The little girl will be thrilled about her b/day cake. My granddaughter said she loved your cake she thought it was a "neat cake".

Granpam Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 11:38am
post #9 of 23

You are welcome. It turned out great. Congratulations. All your worries were for nothing.

cakebaker1957 Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:32pm
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles2120

Hey, This is the first cake I've done that's been shaped and not just a flat one. What do you think? It was for a little girl's golden 7th birthday. They were having a tea party for it. The customers were very happy with it. The sugar bowl and front right tea cup are uneven but other than that I think it turned out pretty well. Also wanted to thank Granpam for all of her help and advice with this one. Thanks! Hope you like it.

Very cute, what are they made out of the molds that is , is the tea cups made out of the small wonder molds , and what about the tea pot, what are they covered out of, bc sorry for so many questions this is really cute

SimpleAffair Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:42am
post #11 of 23

Any little girl would love it...you should be very proud of your work.

rezzygirl Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:48am
post #12 of 23

Very very cute!

step0nmi Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:56am
post #13 of 23

That is soo darling! I love the idea and for being a first you have done such a wonderful job! No wonder they were pleased! Can't wait to see what's to come from your talent! Great job! You should be proud! icon_lol.gif

skittles2120 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:29pm
post #14 of 23

Very cute, what are they made out of the molds that is , is the tea cups made out of the small wonder molds , and what about the tea pot, what are they covered out of, bc sorry for so many questions this is really cute[/quote]

Thanks for all of the replies and comments. I appreciate it. The tea cups are from the small wonder mold. The tea pot is made from the sports ball pan. They are just covered in buttercream with a tip 16.

cakebaker1957 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:34pm
post #15 of 23
Quote:

Very cute, what are they made out of the molds that is , is the tea cups made out of the small wonder molds , and what about the tea pot, what are they covered out of, bc sorry for so many questions this is really cute

Thanks for all of the replies and comments. I appreciate it. The tea cups are from the small wonder mold. The tea pot is made from the sports ball pan. They are just covered in buttercream with a tip 16.[/quote]
Thanks skittles2120 they are great our church has tea's for the ladies and sometimes i do a table this would be great, what did you make the saucer out of?? Fondant?

skittles2120 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:41pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:

Thanks for all of the replies and comments. I appreciate it. The tea cups are from the small wonder mold. The tea pot is made from the sports ball pan. They are just covered in buttercream with a tip 16.

Thanks skittles2120 they are great our church has tea's for the ladies and sometimes i do a table this would be great, what did you make the saucer out of?? Fondant?[/quote]

The saucer is actually a round cookie just frosted. No problem. PM me if you have any add't questions. Thanks.

Abrac Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:51pm
post #17 of 23

icon_biggrin.gif You are very talented. So where do you find wonder molds? If you don't mind sharing. Thank. I have a few more questions.

KASCARLETT Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:53pm
post #18 of 23

Great job, it's very pretty!

Monilynn Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:54pm
post #19 of 23

Oh its cute !!!! Good JoB !!!

Monica

skittles2120 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:59pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrac

icon_biggrin.gif You are very talented. So where do you find wonder molds? If you don't mind sharing. Thank. I have a few more questions.

Thanks Abrac. I just got the wonder molds at Michaels. PM if you have more questions. Thanks.

Lemonydoodles Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:48pm
post #21 of 23

I think your cake looks wonderful & what 7 yr. old girl wouldn't love that?! I am attempting the teapot & 2 cups for a company picnic this weekend & am praying mine will turn out even 1/2 as nice as yours icon_smile.gif

skittles2120 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:09pm
post #22 of 23

Thanks for all of the comments everyone. I really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

gfbaby Posted 5 May 2016 , 8:21pm
post #23 of 23

Hey skittles... 9yrs later... how's the decorating coming along? Love the teapot; bet you're into some high brow stuff by now....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%