Cupcake Category

Decorating By sheilaattaway Updated 26 Jul 2005 , 3:32pm by mommymarilyn

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 5:26am
post #1 of 16

I noticed that we have a new Category! adults only. How fun. I think we need a cupcake category, I have never made them and need some ideas for a birthday i am doing. Or mabey there is a category and I cant find it ???

15 replies
Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 16

It seems that cupcakes are " the next big thing " icon_lol.gif in the cake world. I am going to be doing a cupcake wedding cake in september. I have been looking all over the net for different ideas. I think a cupcake category on here would be awesome. I would love to get input on servings for a wedding. I am thinking at least 1.5 cupcakes per person. Is that enough? Is it too much? This will be a cocktail party reception with only about 50% seating and 90% "pick up" foods. I love this site!!! thumbs_up.gif

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 16

I think that is too much. I would figure 1 cupcake per serveing. The point of a cake for a wedding is not really to server as a dessert as much as it is just something sweet to taste. If the bride wanted to order more i think that would be up to her but for wedding cupcakes I charge for the same as I do per serving for a wedding cake. I am acutally doing a cupcake wedding in august. It will be 400 cupcakes and 6" inch cake to cut.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 16

I think a cupcake category would be great! I made a post a few days ago on what people charge per dozen...however I did not get any replies. I am getting more cupcake orders and never no what to charge per dozen. I had an order for 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes and an 8 in. square cake this weekend and ended up charging 35.00. But I would like to quote a price on what I charge per dozen on the cupcakes...any feedback would be great!!!! Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif
traci

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 16

what a wonderful idea i have cupcake orders too.. i think its the new thing now icon_smile.gif

TinaRe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaRe Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 16

I just did a cupcake wedding yesterday and let me tell you it was fun but more time consuming than an actual cake! Start on Wednesday cooking and icing them, trust me!!!! There is a website from the UK that shows some wonderful cupcake weddings that might help out with the visual part. Good luck to you all on your wedding cupcakes!!! A cupcake category would be nice! Gingoodies here is the site i mentioned. http://www.cakes4fun.co.uk/

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 16

Tina.. thanks for that website.. those cupcake towers are awesome. I have already done large orders of cupcakes for Maidenform (we have one of their offices/factories here in our town) they ordered 250 cupcakes with a logo and flower on them and another order of 300 cupcakes. This will be my first cupcake wedding though.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 7:30pm
post #8 of 16

since the trend is leaning towards cupcakes, a category for it would be great... Wilton's new yearbook has a lotta cupcake ideas too icon_smile.gif

sheilaattaway Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 12:29am
post #9 of 16

Is it possible to get a cupcake catergory?

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 12:30am
post #10 of 16

Someone needs to PM Jackie, and she'll let us know.

sheilaattaway Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 12:55am
post #11 of 16

Ok i will.

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 1:06am
post #12 of 16

I think a cupcake catagoy would be great. I have put a couple of my cupcake flowers in the gallery under wedding cakes, then go to mini cakes. It would be great for cupcakes to have their own place of "glory"

sheilaattaway Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 2:45am
post #13 of 16

Oh! your cupcakes are so cute! i love em

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 4:51am
post #14 of 16

Yeah, I mentioned having a cupcake category on another thread a week or so ago! Hopefully we can make it happen!

Amy

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 1:39pm
post #15 of 16

Here is a category for cupcake cakes. I don't see it as an option under galleries, but I do see it when uploading pics.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&search=Cupcake

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 3:32pm
post #16 of 16

I think a CCC category is a WONDERFUL idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%