melissablack Posted 1 Feb 2005 , 9:24pm
post #1 of

Hi there!

What do you use to decorate cheesecakes? A friend requested a cheesecake for her birthday party and I am totally clueless! Thanks!

Melissa

2 replies
nanni Posted 1 Feb 2005 , 11:28pm
post #2 of

I did a cheesecake for a wedding (actually 3 cheesecakes on the floating stand)-I did the border in buttercream-she wanted a little sweet with the creamcheese-she wanted silk flowers on it-.you could actually use a thinned creamcheese icing for the border.

MrsMissey Posted 2 Feb 2005 , 12:41am
post #3 of

Love cheesecakes!!!! icon_lol.gif I usually decorate with a border of a whipped cream, flavored to match the cake, piped on with a rosette tip. If I'm making my Cappuccino cheesecake, I'll also add some chocolate shavings. If I'm making my Dreamsicle Cheesecake, I pipe a border and then add those dreamsicle candies! And so on!! If I need to add a message, I either pipe it on as usual or use a birthday pick or make up my own little sign and laminate it and stick it in the middle. You could also cover it with a ganache...yum! You really do have a lot of choices. I've heard where some people just use buttercream and decorate just as they would a regular cake, but I've never tried that so I can't give you any advice there! Hope this helps. Happy baking, Missey

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%