Money Theme Cake Ideas

Decorating By pinkyEm Updated 9 Nov 2006 , 2:16am by pinkyEm

pinkyEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkyEm Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:00am
post #1 of 8

Would love to get some ideas for a money themed cake. In about 2 months, my husband and I will be totally debt free. (Woo Hoo, can't wait!) I'm going to have a party and want to do a cake along the lines of money, and not owing anyone anymore. icon_lol.gif (I'm going to do the whole party in this theme, not just the cake.) I looked in the gallery in the gambling type cakes but didn't find anything I was interested in or that gave me ideas. I'm asking this far in advance so if I need to order anything online it will get to me in plenty of time. (Although an order I placed here got to me in like 8 or 9 days. I was very happy about that.) Remember, I'm a beginner but I'm totally up for learning and trying new techniques. Can't wait to hear/see ideas! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:03am
post #2 of 8

You might think of edible images of money. Sort of a colage on top of a cake and around the sides.

AlamoSweets Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:07am
post #3 of 8

Just saw a great cake for you done by MommyEdzards here at CC. Try and look at her photos.

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:22am
post #4 of 8

I did a search and found these. Good Luck and Congrats. That's an awesome accomplishment. !!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=money

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 8

Do you like the Monopoly game? How about borrowing some of the symbols from that - with a big giant FREE PARKING in the center?

Or a moneybag cake - carved out of a couple of round layers.

Or just a simple cake saying "We're in the moneyyyyyy!"

pinkyEm Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you. Great ideas so far. Maybe I can put them all together somehow. icon_wink.gif
I looked at all 74 cakes in MommyEdzards album and didn't see any that had to do with money. Am I missing something? lol

AlamoSweets Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 12:57am
post #7 of 8

The cake that she showed may not have been done by her. Look at the forum under Banking Idea Cake - Right now it is near the top of Page 2. It is a money bag with bills sticking out of the top.

pinkyEm Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 2:16am
post #8 of 8

Now, that's a cool cake. I'm afraid mine wouldn't come out that nice lol but will add it to the idea list.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%