anku Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 11:01pm
post #1 of

Hi guys!
I'm about to loose it....a simple thing ( or so they say) like whipped ganache is making me nutts! I have this cake to deliver tomorrow..and whipped ganache is not cooperating with me icon_sad.gif

The first batch turned out grainy.. so I made the secod batch. Well this ganache is not getting the ' Whipeed ganache" texture! Even after whipping for like 5 min its still like a heavy cream or mousse!

I whipped it after some 2 hrs of cooling. Did I did it too soon?

What should I do icon_cry.gif

Please help!

8 replies
shelbur10 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:28am
post #2 of

Hope I'm not too late, but you can stick it back in the fridge for a couple of hours. It might not be cold enough.

bellejoey Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:39am
post #3 of

Sounds like it wasn't cold enough. Once it is cold enough, it should whip up rather quickly...so if it's taking that long, that is probably the problem.

pinkjessica Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:43am
post #4 of

1st batch Grainy? Are you using a high quality chocolate thats Choc. chips or chopped finely? That can make a big difference sometimes. Try sticking it in the fridge for 10 15 min.

sbcakes Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:43am
post #5 of

I usually leave mine in the fridge overnight, but you could also stick it in the freezer for a bit. I does take a while to get it to whip sometimes. Usually like 15 minutes or more? Make sure you are using a Heavy Whipping cream and not a heavy cream...it does help!

anku Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 3:39am
post #6 of

Thank you all. Well that's what I did. I stuck it in fridge and then re whipped. I could not wait for over night this time as I have it due frist thing in the morning!
But YES, I have made a mental note never to whip the ganache till its cold and set properly.

For the first batch...I don't know what went wrong!!! I do use good quality chocolate.....Giradelli.

I have always used this and everytime it come out great!

Anyways...there's always a learning

Thanks for the response.

beemarie Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 7:26am
post #7 of

I have also had problems with my ganache turning grainy after whipping. Does anybody know why that happens? I also used a quality chocolate, so I don't think that was the problem....

sbcakes Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 2:21pm
post #8 of

Sometimes if your ganache turns out grainy after whipping could indicate that you over whipped it.

beemarie Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 3:46pm
post #9 of

Thank you--I did a little search and found that is probably the problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%