Need Idea....please Help

Decorating By kcepenney Updated 8 Sep 2007 , 12:44am by kcepenney

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make a Little Einstein cake, 9x13. I have no idea how to do this. I would love to have the kids from the show on there but I can not free hand it. I don't have time to go buy anything. How does that Frozen transfer thing work??? Do I have to use plexiglass???

Please help. I need this cake to be good!!

6 replies
cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 7

get a coloring book pic or you can find them online of the pics you want shink or enlarge to the size you need and print in a mirror image. tape it to the counter put wax paper over it and outline with your BC in black then proceed to color in with the colors wanted. Be sure to keep your layers in mind (ie. black then white for eyes)

kcepenney Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 7

So I just do the outline and then put it on the cake? Then do the colors? How do I put it on the cake?
DO I need to freeze it and then I can set it on the cake??

Sorry I am a frozen transfer virgin!! icon_lol.gif

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 7
FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 7

If you don't want to do a FBCT, you can put parchment over the picture and pipe the outline with a 1 or 2 round tip. Take the parchment and carefully lie it on the smooth iced cake top. Gently transfer the icing pattern to the cake and peel off the parchment.
You can now re-pipe the outline with a larger tip and fill in the areas with colored gel or buttercream.
Be aware that the photo will be reversed in the process, so if you want to keep it in the same direction, print it "mirror image".

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 12:44am
post #7 of 7

Thanks you guys! Those really help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%