I Almost Choked

Decorating By doleta Updated 7 Nov 2006 , 9:30pm by CakesUnleashed

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 27

My DH comes in the kitchen while I'm standing there eating my Viet Namese take-out.
I start telling him about the woman who posted great pics here of organizing cake stuff (Forgive me, right now I can't think of who it was).
I tell him about the Big roll around mechanics chest she used and he says "Let's get you one of those this weekend."
I almost choked on my fortune cookie! icon_eek.gif
I haven't even had lessons yet. Wow!
This is a very FRUGAL man. We don't even have cable. We have to watch "free" TV.
Makes me wonder what he's been up to! icon_surprised.gif LOL
icon_lol.gif
He is also very fastidious and doesn't even complain about all my RI flowers and leaves drying in front of the fire place.
He believes in me!
Makes me smile. icon_biggrin.gif

26 replies
Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 27

how sweet!

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 27

That's awesome! Isn't it wonderful to have a supportive husband? I too have one who supports me unconditionally with this even when things are hard.

Rachel

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 27

wow, congrats on having such a wonderful hubby

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 27

That's great! I'm so happy for you. Go quick before he changes his mind. icon_lol.gif What a great feeling that is to know you have such great support. thumbs_up.gif

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 27

Thats great that you husband is so supportive!!! Hmm maybe he is tired of having cake stuff all over?? Im kidding!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 27

Great guy!

(maybe he knows of a buy 1 get 1 free sale going on)

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:40pm
post #8 of 27

awww! Go get it!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 27

WOW! Congrats! I showed my husband those pics as well and he said the same thing ALMOST lol. He said well we'll have to go price them and see what we can do maybe wait till tax time but I'll hook you baby don't worry and laughed lol....

Maybe it's an early christmas present for you icon_biggrin.gif Hubby mentioned his christmas bonus from work and saying Lowes is open late close to christmas *wink wink* I said no we aren't blowing your bonus on me I'd rather blow it on the kids lol. So we'll see lol.

I wish you lots of luck in getting organized. I plan to have him do me some cork boards for the walls of the "pantry/wash room" where the washer and dryer are so I can hang my pans (bottoms facing out of course due to dust bunnies lol and washing before each use of course lol) And maybe a bookshelf for my books, boards, and tool boxes and such I dunno we'll see what happens.

Anyway good luck with it and show us some pictures! icon_biggrin.gif Gosh I love pictures icon_biggrin.gif

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:07pm
post #10 of 27

Way cool he would do that for you.
My DB told me that it was unnatural to have cake stuff in the mechanics bench!!!!! LOL

doleta Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:29pm
post #11 of 27

LOL Karate!
That's another shocker.
He said we could store it in his garage.
That is SACRED GROUND!
And like I said. He is fastidious. His garage is shockingly clean.
It even has heat, air and he had the walls AND automatic Garage doors insulated.
In fact, he is the only person I know who has a clean engine. You could eat lunch off his manifold! LOL He actually washes it. icon_confused.gif
And he loves me enough to allow me into the SHRINE. icon_surprised.gif
Wow!!!!!
Of course I wouldn't keep any food items out there.
Even though there are no bugs. He simply wouldn't allow them to share his space.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:36pm
post #12 of 27

Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful to have so much support from him?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:38pm
post #13 of 27

Ok, my apologies...I missed the thread on organizing and keeping something around the mechanics chest? Huh?

Way to go on getting this for yourself !! Go NOW !!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:39pm
post #14 of 27

That's great! I tried to buy a small tool chest I found on clearance at Wal-mart and DH said it wasn't big enough to hold all the stuff that I would buy in the future. icon_eek.gif A bigger box and more cake stuff in the future. icon_biggrin.gif Gotta love that man!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:42pm
post #15 of 27

The post I believe was from Alaskamom, and the tool chest is I think a Sears Craftsman 8 drawer. I found it at Sears.com for $249. Can you tell I liked her idea too? I thought it was way smart.

My husband said the same thing, "get it." I would if we had the $$ right now. Anyone wanna buy a cake, haha.

CajunDaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CajunDaisy Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:55pm
post #16 of 27

Go get it before he changes his mind! icon_lol.gif

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 3:03pm
post #17 of 27

my DH brought me home a wheeled cart, storage baskets a hand full of fondant cutters a new spatola and a box of 100 disposable bags the other day!!! what I guy all without prompting I guess he digs the cake thing

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 5:35pm
post #18 of 27

It's the same reason most of the Hubbies remind you when Ace Of Cakes is on - they can relate to the mechanical 'stuff' --- MORE POWER!!! Image

shipleyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shipleyc Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 6:39pm
post #19 of 27

Anyone know where I can find this thread at? I would love to see these pictures. Maybe I could convince my hubby that I need one too!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 6:41pm
post #20 of 27

just look up alaskamom on the memberlist and then you'll see her post. I mentioned here earlier that she started it...smart gal I think! icon_smile.gif

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 6:50pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipleyc

Anyone know where I can find this thread at? I would love to see these pictures. Maybe I could convince my hubby that I need one too!

I think this is it!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49039.html

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 6:52pm
post #22 of 27

Well I showed my DH the pictures the other day and he came home with one Sunday and said Happy Anniversary (which is Friday). I was so excited. I would never have dreamed of a toolbox for my 18th anniversary. WOOOHOOO. So I asked him what he would like and he said all he wanted was for me to get my room organized. I guess I can't argue with that. I already have it full so I may need another one.LOL.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 7:03pm
post #23 of 27

Thanks for posting the past post. Cunfused So Am I. No really loved seeing how someone who is under control of all the sugar art stuff. I really needed to see some control out there. Thanks for posting it again. I needed to see it.

meggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggylou Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 7:11pm
post #24 of 27

Congrats on either snaring a great husband or training him to be one (whichever applies).
I just got legal, and my DH told me that he would not ask our extended families for any Christmas presents (we do a big exchange), so that I could ask for all the cake stuff I want. Gotta Love Him!

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 7:43pm
post #25 of 27

They are called "tool" boxes and us cake, cookie, baking, candy etc people have tools too! icon_biggrin.gif Hospital and others use those tool boxes. So we have every right to organize "our" tools. LOL I mentioned it to my hubby but did not get a "let's go buy you one" not yet anyways icon_cool.gif
Note to self--tool box. LOL

doleta Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 8:40pm
post #26 of 27

icon_rolleyes.gif Well, let's see...
Married 36yrs last October. Met him when he was 12...latched on right away!
So that is 42 yrs together (he was 17 when we married...I was 1icon_cool.gif
THAT'S how long it take to train a DH.
Whew! Hard work, but it was worth it. icon_lol.gif

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 9:30pm
post #27 of 27

Soooooooooo, does he have a brother? I would seriously consider moving to OK if that were the case! LOL!!!

Seriously though, how cool is that? You had better keep that husband of yours. Oh, and hey, you can get him satellite or cable for Christmas (just make sure to get the sports package). That way you will be able to see Duff and other cake shows on Food Network!

Gotta work it, Sister!

icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%