Snow Babies Baptism Cake

Decorating By jessireb Updated 7 Nov 2006 , 12:56pm by jessireb

jessireb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessireb Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 9

I am going to be making a two tiered round cake for my grandson's baptism on Sunday. I have purchased the Snow Baby snow globe for the top. I need ideas on decorating the cake itself. I don't want roses but do want to highlight it in a little blue for some color. Any suggestions would help. I was thinking about the technique of where you hold tip 2 above the surface of the cake and just let it fall where it wants to (forget the name). But I think the sides will need a little help. What do you think about the embrodery look for the sides with a light blue. For the bottom borders I was going to do large dots on the plate bottom and where the two tiers join. I want it to be pretty, but not too pretty after all it is for a boy!

8 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 9

can you attach a picture of the snow globe or a link to one similar?

jessireb Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 9

I will try, I am at work so I will see what I can come up with.

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 9

what about making some royal icing snow flakes to make for the side of the cake?? that would go with the snow baby theme?? you can highlight them with blue edible glitter!!

tthardy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tthardy78 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 9

I would maybe go with a snow or snowflake design. Or even use some ediable glitter to give it a shimmer, ice affect. Or even maybe white cotton candy for a lighter look. Just some ideas.

JasmineRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasmineRose Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 5:41am
post #6 of 9

Make sure the snowglobe is not too heavy for the cake. I have heard of people who have had to resort to using the large/heavy items as decorations beside the cake instead.

jessireb Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 9

I plan on bracing it with dowels. It is quite heavy so I will be playing it by ear. I may have to set it off to the side like you said.

funkychica1_2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funkychica1_2004 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 12:49pm
post #8 of 9

What about some light blue drapery on the sides?

jessireb Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 12:56pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychica1_2004

What about some light blue drapery on the sides?

Are you talking about fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%