Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy Luster Dust?

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 11 Nov 2006 , 8:00pm by Kate714

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 16

??????????

15 replies
mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 16

Hi,
I've been all over the internet and found it the cheapest at sugarcraft.com. When your looking, check the size of the bottle/container. They come in 2 and 4 oz little plastic containers.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 16

This site is great - you get two of the same colors for $3.98

http://paylesscakedecor.com/

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs4492

Hi,
When your looking, check the size of the bottle/container. They come in 2 and 4 oz little plastic containers.

Luster dusts normally come in 2 gram jars and petal dusts come in 4 gram jars.

I think payless cake decor that leana metions is probably the best overall, but if you are looking to just get one each of a few colors, looking around will help. Consider the price of the dusts as well as the shipping charged. Some places may be cheaper for the dusts, but they get ya with shipping charges.

I usually order from Beryl's or Country Kitchen.

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 16

I order from eBay...Jester's Party Supply. He sells it for $2.49 for 2 ounce jars. Shipping is $4.05, no matter how many you buy. That's a pretty good deal.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 16

i get it on ebay from jestersuppy for 2.49 too! good deal. a little goes along way...just be aware that some colors on the chart dont look exact in person. (shrimp luster -looks pink not orange and cranberry red looks hot pink, not red red. ) one time he sent the wrong ones so he let me keep them and sent free replacements. not bad.

sweetpppp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpppp Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 16

Are you ordering from the Jester's Party Supply in Kissimme, Florida? I live less than 5 miles from a Jester's Party Supply and I get most of my decorating items from there! They have quite q good supply, but aren't open on Sundays.

Kate714 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 9:33pm
post #8 of 16

oh no! I just ordered Cranberry red, thinking it would be good for Christmas icon_cry.gif

melysa Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 16

kate714 - more like valentines day!!! icon_lol.gif

melysa Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 10:05pm
post #10 of 16

sweetppp - yes that location in florida- what else do you buy from them?

Kate714 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 11:10pm
post #11 of 16

oh no! I don't want to place ANOTHER order and pay more shipping! Do you think I can complain and say it's not like the picture?? The picture makes it look red, and Hello, cranberries are VERY red!!

aubrazacmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aubrazacmom Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 11:58pm
post #12 of 16

Hey, thanks for that info - I just placed an order can't tell the DH tapedshut.gif - I really liked a lot of the colors, I think I'm addicted to shopping for cake supplies. Oh well, it could be purses (oops, I have that addiction too)! icon_lol.gif

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 12:05am
post #13 of 16

When I bought my 34 jars a couple of weeks ago, I got mine from here:
www.paylesscakedecor.com/lusterdust1.htm

It is a two pack deal for $3.98 at 2 ounces /jar, and yes the quality is very good. and I am planning on buying more..

melysa Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 3:23am
post #14 of 16

kate714, i would mention it. the more they hear about it, the more chance they'll do something about it. one time i ordered 5 super pearl, they sent 3 pearl and 2 white. it was their mistake (looked similar-got mixed in) so he told me to keep them and sent free replacements w/ free shipping. the second time i ordered 13 diff colors, 11 matched just fine but the other two looked off. i wrote and he just said that it was a manufacturers picture. i would suggest to him if you mention it, that he update the photos with better color quality, or at least enlarge them so it may be more clear. that was that...no exchange for me on that order. good luck.

Kate714 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 3:37am
post #15 of 16

melysa, I think I will mention it, if in fact this cranberry red is pink!! UGH. I really wanted red. icon_mad.gif

Kate714 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 8:00pm
post #16 of 16

Well, I just got an email from Jesters Party Supply saying I had not yet paid for my luster dust. Thought I had, BUT...thought this was a great opportunity to ask him to substitute Red Red for the Cranberry Red, since Melysa says Cranberry is actually pink! He said no problem! I'm so excited...and highly recommend this eBay seller. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%