Ot- Icecream Machine

Decorating By wandy27 Updated 26 Jul 2005 , 10:25pm by briansbaker

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 9

I want to buy an icecream machine but I wanted to ask all of you for advice first. I want one that doesn't have a hand-crank (like Wilton's). Any recomendations will be greatly appreciated.

wandy

8 replies
Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 9

I love my Cuisinart ice cream machine. It is the kind with the liquid filled bowl that you put in the freezer, that way you don't have to mess with the ice and rock salt.

HTH-
Jess

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 23 Jul 2005 , 1:20am
post #3 of 9

I have a kitchen aid and recieved the ice cream bowl attachment for christmas.. I have used it a couple of times. works great especially after the first try.

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 23 Jul 2005 , 3:11am
post #4 of 9

Goodness, a hand crank? I'd die!

Try www.cooking.com

I have one I got at Target a few years ago. It was only $20.00. You have to add ice and salt, and it does make some noise, but it works very well for the price.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with Misska21. I have the Cuisinart and I love it! It's so easy and fast! thumbs_up.gif

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 9

Ice cream maker attachment for the kitchenaid??? Yay! I just looked on their website, it's $100. I have to save up!!! Anyone else have it? What's your thoughts?

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 9:27pm
post #7 of 9

They make one for KitchenAids?? are you serious?? I haven't seen that one!!

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 9

I highly recommend a machine that has freezeable canister. The ice and rock salt can get cumbersome, in my honest opinion.

Joe

I have a freezable canister one and I love it. But I just moved and forgot where I packed it. icon_cry.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 9

LOL Joe..
I have a Cuisinart real nice looking payed $50 for it a Bed Bath and Beyond.. I swear I did not like it.. Actually it's still in the trunk of my car.. I was suppose to take it back weeks ago.. Oh my! icon_surprised.gif Where is my reciept.
Anyhow, I went to Wal-mart and bought a hot pink, big, ugly and loud one. The one you add rock salt and ice. LOL Still don't like it! I'm starting to think I just don't know how to make Ice Cream! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Rock salt keeps the beer cold though.. I have to put some of my purchases to use. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%