Cake Syrup...help!

Decorating By maplesweddingcakes Updated 6 Nov 2006 , 2:16am by maplesweddingcakes

maplesweddingcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maplesweddingcakes Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:42am
post #1 of 6

I have been decorating cakes for about 14 years. I've been doing it professionally for the past 3 years. This past year I have been having trouble with a few of my cakes producing this brown syrup or pink syrup if strawberry cake running from underneath my frosting whether it is buttercream or fondant. I can't figure out what or why it is doing this. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried blotting the cakes to remove excess moisture before frosting, I don't freeze my cakes so I am at a total loss. I have done literally hundreds and hundreds of cakes over the years and this has just started happening, not on every cake but more than I want. Thanks.

5 replies
TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:52am
post #2 of 6

I'd love to know an answer for this as well. It happened to me just yesterday.

maplesweddingcakes Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:57am
post #3 of 6

I can't figure it out. It has never happened to me until this past year and it has happened about 4-5 times.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 1:00am
post #4 of 6

Is this on cake mixes or scratch?

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 1:23am
post #5 of 6

mine was a cake mix that I doctored with pudding mix and used milk and 4 eggs.

Also, mine was with only butter bc and i used coffee flavourings for the first time in that bc.

maplesweddingcakes Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 2:16am
post #6 of 6

it has done it with both. once it was a redvelvet cake and it has happened with boxed cake as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%