Wilton School

Decorating By POPCORN Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 9:35pm by CAKESHERWAY

POPCORN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
POPCORN Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 7

good evening cc'rs, i am interested in going to the wilton school to learn more about decorating, does anyone know the best way to go about this, is there an application process, the cost, where it is held., any info i can get will be greatly appreciated, i will present it to my dh and ask for this for my upcoming bd. thanks everyone.

6 replies
DecoratorJen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratorJen Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 7

If you haven't yet you should contact your local craft stores for the basic Wilton courses offered there first. All the information about the Wilton School is on the Wilton website.

cakedreamer13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedreamer13 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 7

I took the first course from Wilton here in my town at the Hobby Lobby. They began a new class every month. So you might want to check your local craft store for classes or go online to www.wilton.com like DecoratorJen said.

CHuffmyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHuffmyer Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 7

I took a Wilton course at Michaels. They also have them at JoAnn. The cost of the course was cheap (less than $10). The supplies get a little costly, but it depends on what you get. They have a nice starter Wilton starter kit, or you can get just the supplies you need for class. Just call your local Michaels, JoAnn or Hobby Lobby and see when classes start for Course I. They're pretty frequent. Good luck and enjoy!

princesspls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesspls Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 7

The Wilton School is near Chicago, IL and the prices vary based on which classes you take. A lot of the notable names in cake decorating present classes there and those tend to be pricey and fill up fast. I think the new schedule of classes will be posted very soon, if it has not been already. Check it out on the web at http://www.wilton.com/classes/wiltonschool/

POPCORN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
POPCORN Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 7

thanks for your imput, i have already taken wilton 1-2-3, fondant, gumpaste, but was just wanting to learn to do it better, don't seem to get my roses and other flowers right, i guess i need to do what everyone on here suggest, practice practice practice, i am just getting started and have only a few orders a month, so my practicing is slow.
thanks everyone.

CAKESHERWAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESHERWAY Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 7

Yep! The school is in Darion Illinois and they offer courses ranging from half day classes, three day classes, 2 week classes, etc. They are not cheap (like hobby lobby,etc) but I am sure you will see it's worth the extra cost.

The school is actually located in the back of the wilton store. I always thought it was like this prestiges campus or something but no, it's just a store with a cool room for classes! Still worth it though I am sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%