Wedding Cake With Guest Name Printed All Over???

Decorating By n_manges Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 5:23am by JacsMommy

n_manges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_manges Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:46am
post #1 of 5

My sister in law wants a four tier wedding cake with every guest name printed on it. How would i space the names.? and keep a straight line? help please.....
LL

4 replies
cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:14am
post #2 of 5

I hope the guest list is short!! I don't know about the writing straight or spacing I can't even do that on unlined PAPER!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:15am
post #3 of 5

I suggest measuring your tiers circumference and height. Use those measurements on quadrille (quarter inch graph) paper to layout the names, one letter per square. Tape sheets of the paper together to make the size you need to go around each tier. Skip a square or 2 between names in a row. Skip a row between rows of names. Remember to allow for Capital letters, and letters with tails like g and y. Figure out how much space you need to pipe each name. Figure out how many names. It will take some time, but at least you can see how much room it will take and you can see what you are doing that way.

Does that make sense?

I love the cake photo you posted. I have seen cakes with a lot of different words like Love, Hope, Faith, Devotion, etc, but never names. Be sure to post a picture! icon_smile.gif

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:23am
post #4 of 5

Could you print them out on edible paper, adhere to cake and then pipe over it? Or would this interfere with your icing? If your using BC it melts right into it.

JacsMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacsMommy Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:23am
post #5 of 5

I am so bad at writing in icing that I usually do write out what I need using candy melts, stick them in the freezer, then apply them to the BC iced cake. That way, if I mess up a letter, I just pipe another one. Of course, that doesn't help me if the cake is covered in fondant!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%