Nutella

Baking By heystopthatnow Updated 16 Nov 2006 , 4:03pm by monizcel

heystopthatnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heystopthatnow Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:01am
post #1 of 24

Hi,
I just looked in my cupboard and I found a jar of Nutella that I need to use QUICKLY! Do you guys have a good Nutella recipe? I tried Googling Nutella Filling, Nutella Ganache, etc. but, I came up with nothing.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

23 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:04am
post #2 of 24

Just google Nutella Recipe, bunches of recipes that use Nutella will come up.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:05am
post #3 of 24

its a spread, i think you could use it as is. I used it as is in cake before and it was delish.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:11am
post #4 of 24

It's good as a filling for cakes and cookies.

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:14am
post #5 of 24

Here's a couple of recipes:
Peanut Butter-Hazelnut Brownies
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder (non-alkalized)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Dash salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish.
Melt the butter over low heat; when melted remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and mix well.
Mix the peanut butter and chocolate spread in a small microwave-proof bowl, and heat in the microwave until it reaches a runny consistency. Stir the mixture into the batter; then pour it into the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting and serving

Chocolate-Hazelnut Kisses Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
INGREDIENTS
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 9-ounce package of chocolate kisses, unwrapped

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In another medium bowl place the chocolate-hazelnut spread, butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated. Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls. Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Yield: 36 to 40 cookies

I just made the cookies recently and they're to die for. You can make them without the hershey kisses and I think they will still taste wonderful.

I made the brownies for a potluck and everyone ate those up pretty quick. I hope you can use the recipes. icon_smile.gif

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:14am
post #6 of 24

I made a chocolate cake, using Hazelnut Coffee Creamer (the liquid) instead of the water and used the Nutella as a filling, with a chocolate ganache frosing and it was very good!! Got great reviews.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:51am
post #7 of 24

You had Nutella in your cupboard that you forgot about. icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif I can't believe it, I'm lucky to keep it long enough to use it for filling, it's very good by the spoonful. icon_redface.gif My kids and I will eat nothing but sandwiches made with it if I have it on hand. icon_biggrin.gif

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:40am
post #8 of 24

Here's a great Dessert Sandwich my kids, except my daughter who's allergic to all nuts... the others love..

Just like a PB&J put your Nutella on one slice of bread and spread the marshmallow fluff on the other. Put them together and enjoy! It's kind of like smore's.

Now I have to go get some! icon_biggrin.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:17am
post #9 of 24

mblegard, are you missing a kid? There seems to be this really big one at my house that does the same thing, except he thinks he is an adult. LOL It's my DH and I have to buy 4 or 5 jars at a time if I want to make anything with Nutella. He thinks this has been the best invention since the remote control for the tv.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:24am
post #10 of 24
DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:29am
post #11 of 24

Best way to eat Nutella:

Find a large spoon
Scoop a generous amount of Nutella onto spoon
Open mouth
Insert
Repeat!!!!!!!!!!!

Not what you're looking for, but always tasty!

kjackson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjackson Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:30am
post #12 of 24

I found a trick or treat candy this year that's like nutella (it's a choc/hazelnut spread) and it comes in these little square cups with little plastic spoons you break off to eat it with. It's DELICIOUS. LOL And it's far less hazardous than having a whole open jar of nutella.. although we did buy two bags of it..

And I'm with mbelgard.. I can't believe you had a jar you forgot about!! ROFL..

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:34am
post #13 of 24

Gida from foodnetwork always uses it and I love it! It's delish! I agree with DianaMaria lol eat it outta the jar lmao. Don't waste the time making anything. But if you hafta make something....

You could make a layer cake with the nutella between it as a filling and then as a ganache my nuking it for a few secs..... I would suggest going to www.foodtv.com and checking out Gida's "Everyday Italian" show page and searching her recipes for Nutella stuff. She uses it for almost everything!!!

Oh Oh OH!!! You could also heat it and use it as a dip for freshly sliced apple wedges, or strawberries, or even do dipped bananas. For that you'd heat the nutella in the nuker and take FROZEN bananas and stick popsticks in them and drown them in nutella. Wait for it to harden (in the fridge/freezer) and then dive in head first! icon_biggrin.gif

HTH Becky

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:40am
post #14 of 24

I mix it with IMBC for a chocolate hazelnut filling.

Fascination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fascination Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 7:40am
post #15 of 24

Hello heystopthatnow (that is a cool ID)

You certain will have plenty of recipes & suggestions to choose from!
and I agree with cakesondemand.. I add Nutella to IMBC, Buttercream and Chocolate Buttercream.
When I need a quick filling, I simply whip some whipping cream, add a couple of spoonfuls of sugar & 1/2 cup of Nutella... makes a great filling for cakes, or topping for pies.
For something easy & completely different, just add some to your favorite cheesecake recipe.
It makes a great filling for a funnel cake!.
Have you thought of adding it to something as simple as Rice Krispies recipe?
Try this:
toast some bread; remove the crust; spread each slice ligthly with butter; spread half of them with Nutella; place a buttered slice over a Nutella slice; & proceed to use these 'sandwiches' in your favorite breadpudding recipe.
but my all time favorite, since I love chocolate.
Use Nutella (as is, nothing added) as a filling for chocolates. Using a chocolate mold, just make the outer shell; let it harden; fill Nutella using a piping bag & tip #3 (1/4 inch from the top); tap the mold to level the Nutella. top with melted chocolate, & refregerate till hardened. It works really well with both semi-sweet & white chocolte. For an impressive look, make the shells with white chocolate... the different chocolates make a subtle change to the flavor.
AND if anyone asks.. You slaved for hours in the kitchen making that filling!
With all the recipes & suggestions you are receiving here, you will probably have to go out & buy another dozen jars!

have fun with it

Ciao

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:36pm
post #16 of 24

Uh oh....I found a jar of Nutella in my pantry last weekend that hasn't been opened yet. I've never even tasted the stuff yet but someone here mentioned it last year so I bought a jar. Guess I'll be doing something with it soon. I feel guilty having it just laying around. LOL

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:42pm
post #17 of 24

Try it on a piece of bread now.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:08pm
post #18 of 24

I think I'll save it to use in a recipe. I don't dare risk getting hooked on the stuff. I'm trying to shed the few pounds I gained when I had surgery on both my feet a month ago. I'll try it soon though, in something I can share. Ü

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:19pm
post #19 of 24

DianaMarieMTV, that is my absolute favorite recipe! Although I must admit that lately I've been buying the ShopRite brand of Hazelnut spread. Not as good as Nutella, but good enough. It's calorie count and Weight Watchers point value are a little lower than Nutella's so I figure it's a good tradeoff.

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:11pm
post #20 of 24

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I have yet to use Nutella but I know it gets rave reviews here. I'm looking forward to trying it for Thanksgiving!! icon_biggrin.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:48pm
post #21 of 24

Just because of this post, I went out and bought a jar of Nutella yesterday. It was one of those things I always saw and thought "oh, that looks good, I'll have to try it sometime". Why did I wait so long?? It is SO SO SO good. I had it on bread last night and had it on my English muffin this morning. Uh oh, I forsee a problem. I may have to limit myself to buying it only when I use it for a cake otherwise I'll just keep eating it out of the jar! Love it!

Fascination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fascination Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 3:43pm
post #22 of 24

hello Nutella fans..
If you want to try an unusual flavor combination, try dipping chips in Nutella. ... different yet delcious ... Use Ruffles, they are stronger!
enjoy

ciao

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 3:52pm
post #23 of 24

My favorite is Nutella on pancakes, it's more like eating a dessert than a breakfast. And to those of you worried about developing an addiction to it, just keep telling yourself it's a good source of Calcium...I think... Wonder if you could frost with it?

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 4:03pm
post #24 of 24

Is it possible to use the Nutella (unadultered) as a frosting. Just spreading it on a cake with a spatula?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%