Cookie Monster Strikes!!! :)

Decorating By alysmom09 Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 8:21pm by alysmom09

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 9

Just had to post this "disaster" that occured yesterday. I am in the process of making cookies for DD 2nd birthday. It is this Saturday and we are traveling Thursday back to Ohio to see family and celebrate. We are having a Blue's Clues Party and for it I am making royal icing figures for the cake (holding these the whole 12 hr drive home) and I am also making paw print cookies as favors for the adults. I also am making about a dozen or so bone shaped cookies for a platter for those who don't like cake. Anyway, the cookies had been drying with the base RI on them on our dining room table. I always dry them there no problems. It was a little after noon and DD was hungry so off to the kitchen I went to make lunch. I returned with lunch and we ate in the living room as the table was covered in cookies. I look over at my coffee table and notice cookies on it....I didn't remember putting those there.....I get up, look, and to my horror there are about a dozen cookies with little bites out of them....some were almost half gone, some were just missing a toe. I look at my DD and ask her who ate Mommies cookies.....she looks at me and points to her cookie monster stuffed toy. I laughed so hard I cried.....Here is a pic of the leftovers from Cookie Monster icon_lol.gif
LL

8 replies
thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 9

Save that pix for her baby book. Too funny.

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 9

ROTFL!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif
(Laughing so hard I am crying because I KNOW what you are going through!!!)

I have my own "cookie monster" as well (2 1/2 years old)...isn't it amazing how quickly they learn to point to someone else..."They did it!" I LOVE their imaginations!!!!

(My son was playing with a friend and burped...I said, "What was THAT?" He looked at me with a straight face and said, "Seth did it!" My husband had to leave the room because he was laughing so hard - while I had to stay and teach DS a lesson...first time he had done THAT...Hard as it was, I had to keep a straight face - which was hard since I was laughing INside...)

Enjoy these fun times and have a wonderful time with the birthday party!!!!

Lish

jo0312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo0312 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 9

very cute!!!!!

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 9

Too cute! Having four cookie monsters myself, I totally get it. What a Sweetheart!

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 9

well y aknow i think she just wanted to make sure every cookie mommy made tasted good...so she tasted every cookie...kinda...lol. Thats too funny though that she said her stuffed cookie monster toy did it...lol. i mean come one, the cookie monster does fit the profile...lol

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:09am
post #7 of 9

Let's just call her the "Quality Control" dept. icon_lol.gif

MAGGISMITH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAGGISMITH Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:33am
post #8 of 9

I have 3 cookie monsters, but my youngest just graduated from college and got a job and an apartment on her own. How I miss those little bites and icing covered faces! icon_cry.gif But, hopefully, soon I'll have a new generation of monsters to spoil! icon_biggrin.gif

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 8:21pm
post #9 of 9

I posted pics of the final products...minus bites.....in my pics. Ended up using the bones that were intended for a platter for the extra favors. With us leaving tomorrow, I just couldn't bring myself to make another batch of cookies icon_smile.gif Thanks for your replies.....My eyes are gonna constantly be on cookie monster....and his cutie of a partner in crime icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%