Transporting Cakes

Decorating By steplite Updated 4 Sep 2007 , 2:29am by mjulian

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:37am
post #1 of 4

How do you transport cakes into the reception hall without making three or four trips. Is there some kind of cart avaliable so that you can carry all the layers in together. Has anyone seen anything that could be used for that? Thanks.

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:54am
post #2 of 4

Ask the facility if they have a cart you can borrow. The places I deal with are usually very generous in that regard.

I have a hand truck that I bought from U-Haul for $60, like these: http://www.handtrucksrus.com/ This card can be used like a regular dolly (like when moving a refrigerator) or the handle can be changed to turn it into a flatbed. I have a big sheet of thin plywood in my van that I lay on it as a base and I can get 3-4 tiers of cake on it for a one-trip delivery. Just make sure the board is the size that will fit thru the doorways!!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:12am
post #3 of 4

oh, yes, that. well, you have to bring someone along who owes you a favor. you make that person do all the carrying. especially the heavy stuff. i use my brother. he owes me big time from beating the crap outta me when we were kids.

sorry, i couldn't resist.

the dolly cart thing sounds like a great idea. icon_biggrin.gif

mjulian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjulian Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:29am
post #4 of 4

Wow I will have to remeber the uhaul thing. That is supper. I dont have any of my own ideas fo rthis.

bump!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%