Duff Roses???

Decorating By ASupergirl Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 12:02pm by NolansMom

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 10

Can someone please give me some clear instructions on how to create these? I've hunted through the forums and keep coming up empty and the only instructions I found I didn't understand. I saw him make the three circles on the show and went "???HUH???" and now I'm dieing to learn how to make them. I completely suck at making buttercream roses so I would love to know how to make these and could apply them to fondant and tootsie rolls and starbursts too. Thanks so much!

9 replies
harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 12:10am
post #2 of 10

bump!

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 12:10am
post #3 of 10

It's in the template and sketch gallery.

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 12:13am
post #5 of 10
kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 12:26am
post #7 of 10

you can also see a video version at www.odense.com

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 12:28am
post #8 of 10

Wow, I had never seen these done before! Thanks for all the great info! I'm just starting to really get into cakes, I've always been more of a cookie kind of girl... But all these great pictures and ideas are really motivating me to try new things. I've never even attempted fondant... I know you can buy it already made but i'd rather try it myself... Fingers-crossed.... I hope it turns out because these roses are gorgeous and I can just imaging the possibilities!

This is really a wonderful place! icon_biggrin.gif

jenwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenwright Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 8:52am
post #9 of 10

I've been doing fondant 'Duff roses' all night and after about my 10th rose, I realized I needed another disc (petal). So, I've been making them with 4 discs and they look pretty good. For added depth, I've been dipping a dry paint brush (small) into my luster dust and gliding it into the folds. I really like making these!

I did buy a bag of Starbursts to see if I could make them that way, too, but after I burned the heck out of my thumb pushing on a SUPER hot pile of goo icon_surprised.gif (I didn't think 10 secs would be too long!) I've decided to shy away from them for the time being. All I really need are about 3 dozen fondant roses, and I'm good! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks to all the CCers for the tips on how to make these. They're turning out better than I'd hoped...yea! icon_biggrin.gif

NolansMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NolansMom Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:02pm
post #10 of 10

These are so much fun to make. I was practicing with some left over grey fondant I had after making a Star wars Death star Last night. And beside the fact that they were ugly grey roses they looked pretty cool. And they are so easy to make!! Thanks for the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%