Cake Stand???

Decorating By blueeyedmomma Updated 8 Sep 2007 , 7:19am by blueeyedmomma

blueeyedmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueeyedmomma Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 11

I recently had a friend at church to ask if I would be offended if he made me a cake stand. My response had to have been one with a goofy look, cause I asked him "are you crazy???? I am all about getting cool cake stuff, especially something homemade." So he began to describe his idea to me and I remembered seeing one on this site, similar to what he is planning for me. Being as I am usually on here at 3 am and my mind doesnt always recall where I have looked, I was hoping maybe someone else had seen it. I told him that his idea would be great, but that I would ask the person with which I had seen on here as to whether they had found any problem areas in the design they have, so I can make him aware of "added support" etc. Unfortunately, like I sd, I cannot find it now. Should any of you know who this might be, please let me know or direct them my way. The stand was a tall stand and the pieces that hold the cakes were out, like arms. Kind of like a big plant stand type. Anyways, if this made any sense whatsoever, thanks. And God Bless.

10 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 11

seems like I've seen those on ebay a lot.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 11

Do you remember what the cake on it looked like? I remember a GREAT cake with elves on it. I will go look.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 12:18am
post #4 of 11

If I remember this picture was on a post with a title like: "look what my DH made for me" of something like that!

Is that what you remember?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 12:19am
post #5 of 11

Was it like that Martha Stewart Cake Tree thing she did? I had found and saved an image, sorry I can't remember where, and I apologize if it was here, I have no idea whose cake it is icon_sad.gif but I wanted to see if I could replicate the stand, not the cakes. It's kind of like a coat tree.... anyway is this it?
LL

blueeyedmomma Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 1:33am
post #6 of 11

that one looks cool too. Wow, dont think I can go wrong with however he decides to make it. The pic you posted isnt the one I recall, it was vaguely similar. I think they had wedding cakes on it, but not certain. I remember commenting that she could put a top hat on it and a hand towel and it would look like a butler serving cakes. (Was meant as a positive comment. Cause the thing was really cool.) Thanks for the help.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 2:23am
post #8 of 11
LillyLou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyLou Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 3:25am
post #9 of 11

I remember a posting where her DH had made a cake stand with a single support and she had this GORGEOUS cake on top. It didn't have any arms sticking out. If that's what you want, there was a recent episode of Sugar Rush that featured a couple from California that puts Swarovski crystals on their cake but they had a custom built stand that had several cakes threaded on it. You had to cut the center of the cake out with a pipe so that it could be threaded on.

I posted a response about my father making me a couple of cake stands but I haven't gotten them from him yet. One is square and one is round but neither have a foot on the bottom.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 11:49pm
post #10 of 11

Didn't Antonia74 make a cake stand and post about it?

blueeyedmomma Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 7:19am
post #11 of 11

Thanks all. Still havent found the one I was thinking of. But these are all cool looking stands. I will just have to wait and see what he comes up with for me. I cant wait!!! But wont hold my breath, it's too hard to make a cake passed out on the floor...lol Thank you all for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%