Flourless Chocolate Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By Misscourtk Updated 2 Sep 2007 , 10:49pm by allie73

Misscourtk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misscourtk Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 3

My friend wants a flourless chocolate cake for her baby shower. I was thinking I may do a 2 tier cake. I could stack one flourless cake on top of the other to make it look like a normal size tier, and then do a white cake as the top layer (for those who don't like chocolate). My dilemma is how or what do I ice a flourless chocolate cake in? The only think I can really think that would go well is ganache. Any ideas on how do decorate a ganached iced cake to make it look somewhat baby-ish? It's a baby boy.

2 replies
neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 3

You can ice it in whipped ganache and decorate with light blue fondant accents.

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 3

I just made a flourless chocolate cake for a luncheon and, while it was absolutely one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten, the consistency gets pretty soft, pretty quickly. Thus, make sure you support add support to all layers or I fear you will end up with a squashed cake.

As for decorating, how about dying white candy melts baby blue and piping out a bunch of little blue polka dots for the sides, then a boyish topper? I've really gotten into the whole WBH thing of using chocolate to decorate. I did two cakes for the luncheon on Friday and everyone there was THRILLED with how they looked.

The chocolate glaze in WBH book is also wonderful - smooth as silk, though I did have to double coat one cake (glaze was too warm).

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%