How Bad Is My Tiara??

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 2 Nov 2006 , 11:09pm by Kate714

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 17

Please take a look at my tiara using candy melts in my photos. It is my 2nd attempt...the first one came out better I think, but it broke, and this one I think I barely saved. Is it really bad? It is small...to put on the top of a cupcake...the woman didn't ask for it but she is just doing cupcakes for her daughter's Cinderella party...I'm going to do sparkly fondant shoe cut outs on each cupcake, but I was thinking the birthday girl should get something different.

Is this usable?? Or is it awful?

16 replies
lonestarstamper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lonestarstamper Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 17

I think it's cute and you should use it. It is not expected and I'll bet the birthday girl will love it!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 17

I think it's beautiful! You said it's small to go on a cupcake, no one is going to get so close they can pick it apart and if they did they wouldn't have anything to pick at. I think it's great!!!!!!! Use it! Have fun! She'll love it! And a plus it's chocolate!!!!! lol. I took solid candy melt lollipops to school yesterday for my daughters party and they were going crazy over them! icon_smile.gif Kids love anything chocolate and sweet! icon_smile.gif I'm sure she'll love it! icon_smile.gif

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 17

Kate,
I commented on your tiara, and like I said, it's very very nice. I am sure the birthday girl will be ecstatic with it, especially not expecting it.

What size tip did you use for this?

Michellear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellear Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 17

Oh, I think it is really cute! Use it! thumbs_up.gif

xtraxtra23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xtraxtra23 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 17

it looks ahhh-sum...i dont even no how to use candy melts (dont even look at my gallery, i made those cakes all 2 months ago, hten the camera broke...) but al it needs is a little luster dust and itll be perfect!!!

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 17

I think you should be pround of it, GREAT JOB!

usaribbon.gif

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 17

I think it is very cute! The little girl should love it. thumbs_up.gif

tporbz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tporbz Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 17

I think it looks just fine and you should definitely use it. .

Kate714 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 17

thanks so much everyone for your encouragement. the picture makes it look huge, and I know it is not very "dainty"...but my first one broke, so I went over it a few times with tip #3.

someone suggested I use luster dust...I used silver mixed with lemon extract but you can barely tell. What else can I do to get it silvery?? I have had this problem before trying to put luster dust on the candy melts.

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 7:24pm
post #11 of 17

Have you tried using the edible glitters? I guess it's too late for this tiara since the glitter would have to be sprinkled while it was still in liquid form for it to stick.

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 7:58pm
post #12 of 17

I think it is fantastic. You did a great job and I think the little girl is going to love it. You should be very proud of it. It turned out wonderfully.
Bradymom

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 8:02pm
post #13 of 17

It looks soo pretty great job !!!

Kate714 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 11:02pm
post #14 of 17

thanks everyone...I tried another one, didn't put it on so thick and it broke AGAIN icon_cry.gif otherwise, it looked better! I also tried that one with the silver edible glitter.

Sooo....I'm going to use my original one (in my photos)...I put another coat of luster dust on it and it looks better. I think you're right...it's unexpected and what 3-year-old wouldn't love it?! My own 3-year-old said "it's SO shiny!!" so I'm just hoping it'll be a hit with the birthday girl.

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 12:53pm
post #15 of 17

There is absolutely no reason not to use your tiara! I am sure the birthday girl will love it.

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 11:03pm
post #16 of 17

i think it looks wonderful!!!! i also love your baby bottie....very cute!!!

Kate714 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 11:09pm
post #17 of 17

thanks everyone. I guess we all have to remember that we are our own worse critics...and when people aren't expecting anything, they're really surprised when we do something half decent icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%