Near Disaster...i'm A Dork!!

Decorating By shelbur10 Updated 7 Sep 2007 , 10:35pm by lynda-bob

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 2:38am
post #1 of 9

I'm baking tonight and generally make box mixes doctored with pudding mix. Well I made my chocolate, no problem. Put the vanilla in the oven, walked back into the kitchen a few minutes later and saw the UNOPENED box of pudding on the table. Slight panic, but I turned off the oven, pulled out the cakes and mixed the pudding into the batter. Sigh of relief, disaster averted. Put them back in the oven.
20 minutes later, I can't figure out why they're not baking. DUH!!! I forgot to turn the oven back on!! icon_redface.gif Good thing I'm not decorating them tonight, I seem to be having a short circuit in my brain!! icon_lol.gif

8 replies
shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 2:41am
post #2 of 9

Oh gosh this COMPLETELY sounds like something I would do!!! Sounds like a good nights sleep is in order icon_lol.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 4:30am
post #3 of 9

Shelly,

Maybe you're just tired. Get some rest tonight and I'm sure that tomorrow will be much better. I can't wait to see the final cakes.

DanaJones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaJones Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 2:45am
post #4 of 9

I have done something similar.... the main ingredients in my icing are powdered sugar and crisco and i mixed up a batch without the crisco... couldnt figure out why it was so stiff and nasty looking!!! Its frustrating i know but, a few days from now you will be laughing. icon_wink.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 12:05am
post #5 of 9

lol That's funny! icon_lol.gif I did the same thing once only I left out the oil. Glad to know I am not the only one. icon_biggrin.gif

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 9

My DUH moment also involved frosting. I made what i thought was a double batch of buttercream. Well, I doubled the crisco and nothing else. YUCK!

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 9

oh wow, the silly things we forget to do...i know one time i mixed together 2 box mixes, you know to equal like 8 cups of batter...well silly me instead of doubling the ingredients...you know 6 eggs, 1/2 cups of oil, etc....i only added the ingredients for ONE box mix....i was like man, this mixure look funny...what the heck icon_confused.gif ...i thought maybe betty crocker had changed their mix recipe. icon_rolleyes.gif .., till i saw the 3 extra eggs on the counter after i had already put the cakes in the oven... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 9

Way to avert disaster! thumbs_up.gif Thanks for the chuckle. icon_biggrin.gif

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 10:35pm
post #9 of 9

Whew, thank goodness you realized so soon and had some time for the oven icon_smile.gif

Once, I made a half sheet cake (1/2 chocolate 1/2 vanilla all in one pan) and "discovered" too late that I didn't put the eggs into the chocolate batter! icon_redface.gif The Vanilla was perfect and the other side looked like a brownie icon_lol.gif Luckily I hadn't procrastinated, like usual and had some time to run to the store and start all over again. My kiddies were happy icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%