Cookie Help Please!!! I Need Suggestions !!!

Baking By TiffTurtle Updated 5 Nov 2006 , 8:51pm by noreen816

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:03am
post #1 of 14

i have to do cookies for a baby shower and they want the UNC logo on them..i did some chocolate transfers thinking that i could use them but they are so thick i dont know how i could get them on the cookies. has anyone got any ideas of how i could get this logo on the cookies. ( pic below) i tried doing a stencil but the design is to small to get the cuts...so i REALLY need some help from someone who knows what they are doing and thats yall!!

Thanks!!
LL

13 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 8:02am
post #2 of 14

Here's a bump!

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 14

Do you know anyone who could create edible images for you? My understanding - which is limited, is that as long as no one is making a profit, you can reproduce copyrighted images.

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 14

Did you try doing the stencil cuts with an exacto knife?
You can cut small areas much better with a new blade than with scissors.

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 14

Depending on how big the cookie is I would shrink the logo down to the size you want on a copier/printer and then I would make the logo in white chocolate. All you have to do is put parchment paper over the logo, with the melted chocolate outline the logo and then fill in. When it dries completely, attach it to the cookie anyway you see fit royal icing, wrap the cookie in fondant and then attach logo with brushed on melted white chocolate or just brush the melted white chocolate onto the back of the logo and attach it directly to the cookie. I hope this helps.

She Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
She Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 14

could you make the transfer thinner? What about making the designs ahead of time with either Color Flow or Royal icing and then putting them on the cookie?

Good luck!

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 12:13am
post #7 of 14

I haven't tried this, but I think it might work . . .

You could cut out your stencil, and use it with the food coloring markers to put the logo on fondant, then cut it out in circles and put them on the cookies.

There are lots of people here who put fondant on cookies, and although I've never tried it I do plan to . . .

Laura.

Mala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mala Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 12:29am
post #8 of 14

Definitely color flow is the best solotion on this one, it's not just the right thickness but durable as well.

TiffTurtle Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 5:32am
post #9 of 14

i dont think that i have time for color flow..dosent that take a very long time to dry? they are due sat.

i had a thought today and was wondering what yall thought...if i could use food writers to out line the logo on the cookie and then use royal to go over that. will the food writers write on royal? of would my based color need to be royal?

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 6:14am
post #10 of 14

I would cut out the stencil on stencil paper (in quilting section of craft store) and then use my foodoodler pen to quickly trace a light outline around the stencil onto each cookie....family members could help you trace? Then, I would use royal to pipe over that black outline, once dry, go back and flood-in the NC blue! I'm not sure how many you have to do, but the initial tracing wouldn't take long at all and it wouldn't have to be perfect since it's going to be covered with royal! You may want to PM Antonia74 and ask her advice! Wouldn't hurt to get another opinion, and she's the Cookie Guru! Good luck! Also, not sure if you've already baked your cookies, but an oval cookie shape would work great with their logo!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 4:51pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamas

Depending on how big the cookie is I would shrink the logo down to the size you want on a copier/printer and then I would make the logo in white chocolate. All you have to do is put parchment paper over the logo, with the melted chocolate outline the logo and then fill in. When it dries completely, attach it to the cookie anyway you see fit royal icing, wrap the cookie in fondant and then attach logo with brushed on melted white chocolate or just brush the melted white chocolate onto the back of the logo and attach it directly to the cookie. I hope this helps.

I would do this method as well, either with chocolate or even royal icing. I've done this with both of them before. I could pipe those a lot faster than I could stencil them. And if you mess up, the whole cookie isn't messed up!

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 5:01pm
post #12 of 14

it would be great if there was a unc cookie cutter, then you could cut the logo out of fondant and stick it on the cookie, probably over icing...

TiffTurtle Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:47pm
post #13 of 14

thanks for the suggestions yall...i tried doing a stencil and it was just to small to get it to work..and i cold never get the ct back to be thin enough to put on the cookies...so then i went and bought the food markers and well they sucked...i could only find the BC onse ( dont buy them ) and they just smudged and did a cruddy job...so i ended up just doing little footprints...
but agian thanks for the suggestions...yall suggestions have helped me a lot and i know now that if i plan in advance i can do something like this with color flow to get a thinner design...i guess this will teach me to ask for help from you guys sooner from now on.

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:51pm
post #14 of 14

I would definitely do this in color flow

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%