SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

that link says "your session has expired"

try again please icon_smile.gif

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 5

I clicked on your link, but it said the session was expired. What product are you inquiring about?

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 5

The link didn't work (session expired) but I looked up what I thought you were asking about (the decorator bottles) and the number matches. If I'm wrong, tell me what you were asking about. icon_smile.gif

I have the decorator bottles and I bought them for my kids. They are great for them as they're small and easy for them to manage. The tips that come with them suck but they can take the Wilton tips with no problems. The main draw back for decorating use in my opinion is the teeny, tiny about of frosting you can put in them. You are constantly refilling them. If you're only doing a small amount of a color then they're fine. Cleaning them can be a pain, be sure you use the little brush that comes with them (then it't not so bad). Running them through the dishwasher doesn't get them clean. icon_cry.gif

When you squeeze them you're using your thumb on the bottom and your pointer and middle fingers on the top (either side of the tip). Once you get the hang of it they aren't bad for control but if you aren't careful how you put the frosting in you will get irritating air bubbles. That's the other thing, fill it with a skinny spoon if you have one or the little spatula works well too. Just make sure you squish the frosting into all those little accordian folds to eliminate the air bubbles!

I've had mine for about 9 months and they're only used by my kids. Part of that is because I keep forgetting I have them but the other part is that I can slap some frosting in a bag and run with it a lot faster than those little doohickies! icon_rolleyes.gif

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 2:07am
post #5 of 5

yep, you are right....well, im glad that you've tried them. I couldn't really tell how small they really were. I guess I can see how they would be good for small things though like cookies or something. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%