Pillar Vs. Stacked

Decorating By llj68 Updated 21 Jul 2005 , 3:01pm by SweetCreations

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 11:50am
post #1 of 3

What do you think it more stable?

I've done several stacked cakes with no problems--but my bride for next weekend just called and told me that she is considering wanting pillars.

It's a friend of the family type deal--and she's STILL not completely sure what she wants. I'm meeting with her on Saturday to finalize everthing.

I have done pillars before--but only using 1 set. This will be a 4-5 tier cake for 150.

Any pros and/or cons and/or suggestions are appreciated!

Lisa

2 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 3

Maybe you can talk her into the push-in pillars... to me they're more stable... If your cake is supported well enough in each layer of your cake, cake plates and pillars work well also... I don't use wooden dowels. I use the plastic cylinder dowels that Wilton makes and cut them like I do the wooden dowels, when I'm tiering a cake up that high ... I just prefer to use these... the red rose cake in my photos is an example of the plate/pillars and I used the plastic cylinder dowels in it.. the cake was very stable and I had no problems whatsoever tiering up with this cake icon_smile.gif

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 3

I use the push pillars. they are great! and you dont have to worry about the dowels. they are very sturdy also. I have used them on all of my tierd cakes. just have to make sure they are not warped! hahaha. I have had that happen and not know it.
Good Luck to You! and let us know & post pic's of what you decided to go with!
~Sweet~=0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%