I Am So Flippin Mad...vent!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By seven Updated 1 Nov 2006 , 11:37am by indydebi

seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seven Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 20

iTS HALLOWEEN SO ONE WOULD THINK THAT A CAKE DECORATOR MIGHT BE BUSY RUNNING AROUND DROPPING OFF ORDERS......AS I WOULD BE.

THIS JERK OF A LADY SAYS SHE'LL BE HERE AT 10 THIS MORNING TO GET HER ORDER. 10.....NO SHOW. SHE CALLS AT 11:15 AND SAYS SHE IS RUNNING LATE. I TELL HER I HAVE TO DROP AN ORDER OFF IN 20 MINUTES. SHE SAYS SHE LL BE HERE IN TEN.

ITS NOW NOON AND I JUST CALLED HER ( SHE STILL HAS NOT SHOWN UP) AND ASKED HER IF SHE WAS COMING....SHE TELLS ME SHE IS IN WOODFIELD (A MALL ABOUT 45 MINUTES FROM ME) AND SAYS MAYBE SHE CAN GET HERE BY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

SEROIUSLY????!!! DID SHE REALLY JUST SAY THAT TO ME? DOES SHE NOT REALIZE THAT I AM HERE WAITING FOR HER? SO LAME!!!!

i AM SO MAD ABOUT THIS. HOW INCONSIDERATE CAN A PERSON BE?

THANKS FOR THE VENT. LET SEE IF SHE SHOWS AT ONE.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

19 replies
sweetcakes2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes2005 Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 20

You could poison her cake?

Audraj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audraj Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 20

I would have given her 30-40 minutes, called her and then left to deliver my other orders. There is no way I would wait 3 hours for someone.

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 20

Some people are so clueless to simple mannerism's. Deliver your other cake and if you miss her to bad, let her come back. Let her see how it feels.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes2005

ROTFL

I hate people like that! They act as if they're life is more important and busier than yours. If it's not a really large order, I'd go off and do what I need to then if you miss her, oh well, more cake for the family. Or even better, donate it to a senior citizens home. They always tend to be forgotten on holidays.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 20

I agree with the above posts, do not wait for her any longer hun you've given her more then enough time to get her hide there for her order. Go ahead and deliver your other orders and make sure you lock up icon_wink.gif and leave a note on the door saying "Be back in ____ minutes" and make her wait for a change. She's kept you waiting over 3 hours hun it's time to be nasty icon_wink.gif Afterall it is halloween what would we women be if we weren't true Witches today lmbo! icon_smile.gif

Aprilw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aprilw Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 20

It really amazes me how inconsiderate people are and self obsorbed. Well I would tack on an extra charge if she isn't there by 1 and tell her take it or leave it and eat the cake yourself if she doesn't like it. After all your "good" customers are suffering by not getting their orders when you told them.... what a witch (go figure on halloween)

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 20

I would certainly leave and make your deliveries - after all, it will not look good on you that you are late delivering your other orders. Has she paid you at least 1/2 of the cake? I agree, leave a note saying . . ."be back in ___ minutes" and if she doesn't wait and leaves and doesn't come back then you at least have 1/2 her payment, but she will come back or wait if she has already paid.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:29pm
post #9 of 20

I have had similar problems. Some people treat you like you're a WalMart that's open 24 hours. My worst experience was when a cake was supposed to be picked up at 5:00 pm, and she didn't show up until almost 10:00. Then was surprised when I mentioned that if she'd been 10 minutes later, I would've been in bed and she wouldn't have gotten her cake!

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:58pm
post #10 of 20

I also would have told her, "Sorry, but I have deliveries to make. Call me when you're available and we'll work out a new time."

Woodfield eh? You must be fairly local to me. (SW burbs)

seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seven Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 7:14pm
post #11 of 20

cupcake13....I am in brookfield, near the zoo!!

she FINALLY came and gave me a few extra bucks big woop!! at least she is out of my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys, always good to here that others go thru the same things!!

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 8:25pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes2005

HAHAHHAHA!! ...with some exlax maybe....

anyway, I'm sorry you had to go through that-
I had a woman dos omething like that to me. I had the cake all made,we went back and forth over the design again and again. Then she was no where to be found for delivery until a friend reached her on the cell phone where she was at Walmart buying another cake!!!!! icon_mad.gif

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 8:30pm
post #13 of 20

sweetcakes and olana you are too funny!!!

I'd be pissed too, so many rude people out there!!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 8:33pm
post #14 of 20

How could ya stand it!!!!!!

I left my own husband this weekend when he asked me to pick him up 1-1/2 hours one way from home. He wasn't where he said he would be and I wasn't waiting - so I drove off, got him to running to catch up.

If I don't wait for my husband there is no way on earth I'd wait for her.

She would have found a note on the porch swing telling her a thing or two also!

You deserve angel wings!!!

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 8:50pm
post #15 of 20

tiptop57 -
my dad used to be like you somewhat but much worse - he wouldn't even wait 10 minutes for someone he was supposed to be picking up - he'd show up and if you weren't out there right away then he left...... and usually he didn't come back to pick you up - my mom had to do that. And he was always like "well I didn't see her...." whatever!! He also left me once at a store and never came back... and never picked up the phone at home or his cell phone or anything...... I was probably around 15 at the time and was panicked..... let's just say it wasn't a fun situation but it did get worked out in the end! By the way I still love my dad so it did end up okay!

olana11
- oh my gosh did the woman not pay for the cake then??? What in the world? Did she not get it that you were making the cake??? I don't understand how that get so miscommunicated so many times it seems.....

seven -
This lady is rude but she doesn't understand - do you have an actual store or are you working from home? She probably figures you're doing your own thing and she's just rushing around trying to do errands and will pick it up when she can..... I do that w/ prescriptions all the time - I tell the pharmacy automated machine thing I'll be there around 5:30 and then I get caught up and don't get there until 10:00pm - but I know the pharmacy's hours and that there will be someone there and that no one is "waiting" for me to come pick my meds up - they'll still be there when I get there - cake is different and she's obviously not understanding that you have other things to do.... did you tell her you had other cakes to deliver? That might have cleared up the situation if you had just told her that you had to leave and she needed to get there by _______ b/c you would be out the rest of the afternoon......

Glad to hear she got the cake alright and you're free now!!!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 8:57pm
post #16 of 20

I can completely sympathize with you!! icon_sad.gif I've had people be hours and hours late AND hours early. icon_cry.gif

In fact, just last weekend. I arranged with someone to have them arrive "before noon" to pickup their wedding order....well I guess I should have been more specific, because they rang my doorbell at 7:50 AM!!! I answered the door in a towel with one eye barely open.

The sun was barely up people!!!??? icon_mad.gif

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 9:03pm
post #17 of 20

I think when we do cakes from home people think we don't work since we don't have "jobs". I got that a lot. Since I don't work for someone else or have a separate shop, people would just come by sometime that day. I also get that from my grandbaby's other grandparents.

For a while, my kids thought I didn't work, so on take your kids to work day I let them help me. Several hours into the day, they were begging for a break. I had to tell them that there wasn't time, so get started on the dishes. icon_biggrin.gif Now they prefer to go to school than to go to work with Mom. icon_smile.gif

Michele

Audraj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audraj Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 9:57pm
post #18 of 20

imartsy has a point. If you don't tell people you have other things to do, how will they know? And when she keeps calling and saying she's still running late, that would be your opportunity to say, "well, I have other deliveries to make. I'll contact you when I get home."

You have to spell things out for people. If you say I am available from 10:00 to 10:30 and will not be home for the remainder of the day, they can't say "I didn't know." And they can't complain if they show up and you are not there.

Businesses have signs showing their available hours. You don't have a sign so you have to verbally inform people.

Too many people who do home decorating fall into the trap of thinking they have to please everyone. Then they get mad. We need to set boundaries and stick to them. Same goes for weddings - write a contract and stick to it. If it says payment required 4 weeks before wedding or contract is void - then DO it. If you are a business, act like a business. Those that can't, probably should not go into business (not meant to be harsh or cruel - just a statement for those who want to be successful).

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 10:31pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

I can completely sympathize with you!! icon_sad.gif I've had people be hours and hours late AND hours early. icon_cry.gif

In fact, just last weekend. I arranged with someone to have them arrive "before noon" to pickup their wedding order....well I guess I should have been more specific, because they rang my doorbell at 7:50 AM!!! I answered the door in a towel with one eye barely open.

The sun was barely up people!!!??? icon_mad.gif

That's really funny, antonia!!! Of course, not funny when it happens to you!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't had one of those because I only do them occasionally and not for profit, but I can certainly understand.

I had one person, whom I did a dessert for, and said he would come to pick it up later. Never showed up. I called and called and called. Left message after message. Finally, it was getting dark and I told my husband, HECK, lets go out do dinner.

Later the person calls me, later being the NEXT DAY!, to tell me that someone had died in the family... Well, I just felt terrible! But I didn't know what was going on...

So, I did get a little taste of what you all have gone thru!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 11:37am
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarflowers

Now they prefer to go to school than to go to work with Mom. icon_smile.gif

My son just finished his four years as a Marine, including 2 tours of Iraq, and I commented to my 14-year old daughter that "now that he's home, we'll have some extra muscle to help with the caterings." (loading and unloading the van). My 14year old said (and I quote!): "John may know what it's like to be a Marine, but he's got NO IDEA what it's like to work for mom!" icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%