Aagh! Any Thoughts On How To Remove Ri From A Cake Dummy??

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 3 Sep 2007 , 11:41am by Iheartcake

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 11:20am
post #1 of 7

Well I gave it a try the other day, and my smoothing technique was HORRIBLE.. so it's full of bumps.. ALL KINDS. I thought "yep, sandpaper will take care of that'. NOPE. Unless I'm here til the day of the wedding. Anyone know how to get RI off of a dummy so I can start over? I had to order it online so I can't just go buy another. Thanks!!

6 replies
getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 11:38am
post #2 of 7

Just wash it in the sink with warm soapy water. It should come right off. Just make sure that you let the dummy dry completely before trying again.

HTH

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 11:41am
post #3 of 7

I'm with getfrosted.....just put it in the sink and turn the warm water on it....... it should come right off...

bbarnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbarnes Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 11:41am
post #4 of 7

I have not done this but, I believe that you just soak it in water and the RI will just melt off.

Iheartcake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 7

Excellent. Thanks so much guys! I'm going to stick it in the sink now!

Kellycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellycreations Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 7

An even easier method is to just put it into the dishwasher and run it through a cycle. This method works with fondant covered dummies also. I do it all the time and it's less messy than the sink method. icon_smile.gif

Iheartcake Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 11:41am
post #7 of 7

I don't have a dishwasher thumbsdown.gif but I tried the hot water in the sink and it came off withing minutes!! Love this website. Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%