Where To By Magic Line Cake Pans?

Business By countrycakes Updated 1 Sep 2007 , 5:07am by golfgirl1227

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 9

I have purchased 2 of the square Wilton Preferred Decorator pans....used the small 8" one this week.....it worked okay...still had that 'dome' in the top....and the edges did not rise like I wanted.....

I am convinced that I need the Magic Line cake pans....have heard too many thumbs_up.gif things about them on CC! Where can I purchase them?
I want to have nice level, straight cakes......not cakes that have to be trimmed EVERYTIME. thumbsdown.gif
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
chestercheeto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chestercheeto Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 9

i have to trim my cakes sometimes with my Magic Line pans, but i still love them all the same. do you have a Sur La Table near you? that's where i usually buy mine. there are lots of online shops that carry them too, but i prefer not to pay shipping.

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 9

I just purchased one online and found the best price to be at Country Kitchens.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 9

www.cakepans4less.com i bought mine for a very reasonably low price, low and fast shipping too! they also carry a generic pan that is pretty much the exact same, just no stamp. i have them both, and they work the same, the generic will save you a little money if youre interested. i bought 5 square ml for less than 60 including shipping.

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 9

thumbs_up.gif Thanks Ladies! My problem is that the middle of my cakes ALWAYS rise higher than the rest....I use the baking strips, lower the heat...it's got to be the pans. icon_smile.gif I will check out these links.and thank you again! icon_smile.gif

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 9

the heavier duty alluminum pans (ie: magic line or similar brands ) will bake them much more evenly. when i use them, i can tell a difference next to the thinner pans (ie: wilton, etc). its a bit more of a monetary investment, but you'll be wondering why you didnt get them sooner. they're great. i dont use the bake even strips with my ML's.

samshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samshortcake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:22am
post #7 of 9

www.ultimatebaker.com also sells them. Fast shipping.

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 4:09am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycakes

I have purchased 2 of the square Wilton Preferred Decorator pans....used the small 8" one this week.....it worked okay...still had that 'dome' in the top....and the edges did not rise like I wanted.....

I am convinced that I need the cake pans....have heard too many thumbs_up.gif things about them on CC! Where can I purchase them?
I want to have nice level, straight cakes......not cakes that have to be trimmed EVERYTIME. thumbsdown.gif
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

What sizes do you need? I have a lot of brand new round 2" high pans that I'm looking to sell. I will sell them to you for what I paid which is wholesale price...much better than any price you can find at a retailer. They are still in the plastic packing but no box. I will box them and ship them no problem. Let me know if you are interested.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 5:07am
post #9 of 9

http://www.intotheoven.com

Great customer service, fast shipping. I've ordered from there a few times, and will continue to do so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%