Assistance Needed For Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By pompette Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 9:10pm by tracycakes

pompette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pompette Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 4

I will be making a baby shower cake for my daughter and wanted to start practicing on her design. She has picked the "Pooh Baby Days" as her design and in particular 2 that she wants on her cakes. I don't have the funds at the moment to purchase the items necessary to make an edible cake topper as I myself am also due in 1 week. I am new to the whole CF, CT, and RI scene. The pictures that she has picked out are approx 4 by 6 size and will be placed on a 8 inch round cakes. What would be better to do these designs in - color flow, thinned royal icing, or chocolate transfer? Any pros/cons I should be concerned about?
Thanks!

3 replies
albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 4

I think chocolate or buttercream transfers are a lot yummier than royal icing or colorflow, which is why I would choose them. I also think the transfers give you more detail.

There are lots of posts with tips for this- just search the forums for "ct" or "chocolate tranfer."

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 4

Wow - a baby and a grandbaby at once! Congratulations!

If you are laying these on top of the cake, how about a FBCT (frozen BC transfer)? I've never done CF b/c I'm always afraid it will break. RI has a habit of soaking up the grease from the BC and getting soft. Chocolate transfers would also work!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 4

I did my first chocolate transfer just about a month ago and loved it, much better than colorflow. It seemed stronger and was so easy to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%