Labor Day Cake?

Decorating By JacsMommy Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 8:19pm by toristreats

JacsMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacsMommy Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 4

I'm not getting any responses in the Cake Ideas Forum, so I thought I'd post here -- does anyone have a cute idea for a labor day cake? I was thinking of piping a tree with autumn colored leaves on a round cake, all in BC, but any other ideas would be appreciated. (I'd like to keep it in BC, not fondant, because I don't have a lot of time today.) Thanks all!

3 replies
ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 4

What about your idea, plus adding a few flag picks to commemorate the day?

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 4

I personally don't start using the fall themed cakes until the day after labor day. The original purpose of labor day, of course, was honoring the unions and what they did for regulating working hours. I personally think of it as the last weekend of summer. You try to crowd everything into that day that you won't be able to do all winter. You might put, "The Last Rose of Summer", and make it with kind of curled up brownish green leaves. It kind of depends on what the occasion for the cake is. I think of camping or swimming as a way of celebrating Labor Day. You could also go with the red white and blue theme.
Just some ideas.

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 4

O.k. my first thought was a picture of a lady in "labor" in a hospital bed. But that's just my brain right now (two more weeks until my due date).

I would think something like a person waving good-bye to summer or something along those lines. That's kind of how I see labor day. Or if you are a shopper, a big dollar sign...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%