Where Can I Buy Cake Boxes, In Canada!

Business By HammIamm Updated 14 Oct 2013 , 12:33pm by cakeboards

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:25am
post #1 of 16

any help would be great! i'm also looking for boards.
thanks

15 replies
cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 2:03am
post #2 of 16

Where in Canada are you. I order mine from H.Y. Louie a wholesale store in B.C. I think they get them from Snow Cap in Burnaby,B.C its just easier for me since you have to order over $200 from them. Boards can be bought from Nicholson Equipment located in Vancouver and Edmonton,AB

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 2:09am
post #3 of 16

I live in montreal and buy my at Rose Blanche in Lachine.

Vanaya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanaya Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:32am
post #4 of 16

I live in Ottawa and bought my boxes at Bulk Barn a few weeks ago They were on sale and pretty cheap.

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 16

I buy mine from J Wilton in Edmonton, AB.

They are expensive to start, but once you've spent $300 in their store you get 25% off everything in the store, which makes it cheaper. And they ship.

tazzack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazzack Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 16

In Ontario i get my supplies from Dawn Foods Ltd.

acgref Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acgref Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:10pm
post #7 of 16

I'm from Ottawa and Bulk Barn has lots of stuff at reasonable prices. There's always Michael's too. They're pricy though.

hhaidysh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhaidysh Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 16

Hey Hamm!!!
How's it going! I know where you can get some cake boards and boxes. But what's it worth to ya....huh???

Ok, fine I'll just tell you.
GT French Paper in Kitchener. I don't know the exact address of it but it's right by my aunt's place. What's-her-face's mother used to get all their stuff there.
Sounds like some pretty good prices.

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 16

When Bulk Barn has a sale they're reasonable, just stock up then.

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:30pm
post #10 of 16

This is cool to see so many Canadians on this website! Since I usually only make cakes for family and friends (and friends of family, and friends of friends....!) I usually get my boxes from the grocery store. Food Basics always puts their boxes right out front for people to use. Every time I'm in there I look through and pick boxes that are a good size. It's just the bottoms of course, no lids. Then I cut my foamboard (which I buy at Michael's when it's on sale) to fit perfectly inside the box - and cover the board with shelf paper (mac tac, whatever you want to call it). Once the cake is in the box, I cover the box with clear basket wrap or even just saran wrap. I just hate paying $3 or more for a box....I guess if I was doing this more "professionally" I would buy boxes....Last time I bought a box (because the cake was for one of my kid's teacher) the side flap hit the writing on my cake board and I had to do a couple of the words over! By the way, not sure if I'm allowed to promote another cake decorating website on here - but there is a Canadian version of CC at cakescanada.com !!

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:42pm
post #11 of 16

I'm in Gatineau (near Ottawa) - I usually get my boxes at Artistic Cake Design, on Wellington st. Their prices are reasonable and they have both the foil covered cardboard cake boards and the foil covered wooden cake boards.
cheers,
Jill

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:56pm
post #12 of 16

I usually buy most things at Bulk Barn. I've done some shopping for "special" things at Golda's Kitchen. They have lots, but I wait for sales. They are great to deal with online. Never had a problem and fast service!
I also make my own cake boards sometimes.

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:37pm
post #13 of 16

Discovery Paper in Edmonton.

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:55pm
post #14 of 16

The Paper Place here in London is usually cheap always under a dollar for a box.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:06pm
post #15 of 16

Bulk Barn or Artistic Cake Design in Ottawa..

Michael's has some too but I never get them there..too expensive

I am going to ask where the guys in the shipping dept at my work get their boxes and then check that out for Cake boxes..I will let you know if anything good comes from that.

cakeboards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeboards Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 12:33pm
post #16 of 16

cake boards manufacturer  http://www.cakeboards.org/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%