Mmf Is Great!!!!....(1St Timer)

Decorating By allibopp5 Updated 9 Nov 2006 , 7:27am by pookster

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 12:47am
post #1 of 11

I tried MMF for the first time today...I had heard such wonderful things about it on this site, I figured it was time to give it a shot. After tasting (and spitting out) Wilton fondant, I was not expecting to like the flavor or texture. I was wrong! I am making NFSC right now with MMF cut-outs on top...they're still all warm and soft from the oven icon_biggrin.gif
They taste fantastic!!
To all of you who hesitate to try the MMF because of the yuckiness of Wilton fondant, give it a try!! You'll be pleasantly surprised!

10 replies
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:11am
post #2 of 11

I'm just like you - I identify!!! icon_smile.gif

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 2:41am
post #3 of 11

okay....I'm just gonna have to try MMF. I've just been backed up with orders and haven't had time to "play."

DebraJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebraJ Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 11

I tried MMF last week and was pleasantly surprised. So much so that I took the unopened 5 lb box of Wilton fondant back to Michael's! It was SOOO easy to make and so good that I kept pinching off pieces of it. The woman I made the cake for loved it and couldn't believe I made the fondant from scratch. More and more people are starting to ask for fondant and with the price/taste of Wilton's fondant. you come out better making it yourself.

mchames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mchames Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 11

I'm new to this site and still working on figuring out the abbreviations.

I'm a bit of a novice and am just starting to play around with new things. I used Wilton fondant on a cake for my daughter's birthday a couple of years ago... my husband hated it. I've been wary of fondant ever since.

I'm assuming this is a "homemade fondant". How do you make it? Is there a recipe available on this site?

Thanks.
Mary

RachelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachelC Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 11

Hi mchames,

Welcome to CC! Here is a link on CC with the directions of mmf. HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1949-0-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 11

Do you HAVE to use a mixer to do this? I have a nice high powered "Speed Boost" hand mixer but don't have a stand mixer.... would it best to mix this by hand instead of using the hand mixer? I don't want to burn out my mixer lol

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 11

I do have a stand mixer but still don't like to do it in the mixer. I do mine by hand....so no you don't have to have one. I did use my mixer on the last batch but I have to tell you I think I liked doing it by hand better.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 7:03pm
post #9 of 11

Thank so much Patticakes I was putting it off and putting it off trying to make this MMF as delicious as it sounds because I don't have a stand mixer yet and I didn't want to ruin my brand new hand mixer lol. I found it on clearance at Walmart earlier this year just after christmas I guess it was and haven't found another like it since. So I wouldn't be able to replace it if I burnt it up lol

Thanks tons guess hubby gets to work on building up those arm muscles some more icon_wink.gif

ogolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ogolds Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 7:27pm
post #10 of 11

I totally agree! I made my first MMF this weekend and it was so easy to make and tastes so much better than Wilton's fondant. I mixed/kneaded mine by hand and it turned out fine. I didn't end up using the whole 2 lbs. of sugar--just stopped when I thought the fondant was a good consistency. I think I read somewhere on here that a lot of people don't end up using the full 2lb. bag, so don't worry if you don't.

I avoided fondant like the plague until now, but MMF has given me hope! icon_biggrin.gif

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 7:27am
post #11 of 11

yup...i soooooo love mmf!!!it is the best ever!!!! i love it!!!!! oh, and did i mention i love it?????lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%