Sleeve Fillings

Decorating By hmoffett Updated 29 Aug 2007 , 8:00pm by tc4cake

hmoffett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmoffett Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 11

Where do you get your sleeve fillings from? Which flavors taste the best? I usually make all of mine but I would like to order some for when I'm in a pinch.

10 replies
ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 11

I'm in the Seattle area and Cash & Carry has them for a couple dollars per sleeve. I use to make my fillings but I can't make them any cheaper than this and besides they're really delcious!
Jacqui

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 11

Oh as far as the flavors...I have tried raspberry, strawberry, and bavarian and they were all very good.
Jacqui

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 11

I buy mine from country kitchen, they have over 12 different fillings.

I love raspberry. Lemon is really good too. their prices have been the best that I have seen so far except for cream cheese that one is too high. Service is great from their too.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=532&SubCatId=798

this place is good, they are a little higher, service is good here too.

http://www.oasisupply.com/Products/Products.asp

If you are going to be order more then pastry filling, find out everything you want to order and get a grand total and see which has the better final total price plus shipping. You may save on one site that may charge you $0.50 more on one time but you may save on other things.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 11

I get mine from a local cake decorating store. It's the Henry & Henry brand. My fav are bavarian cream and raspberry.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 11

ive tried lemon, raspberry, strawberry, and pineapple and they are all yummy.

sable905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sable905 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 11

Are the REALLY that good? I always make my fillings, and have been very hesitant to buy the sleeves. It seems to be way cheaper to buy them, but I just never liked the idea of bagged fillings. I guess the only way to find out is to buy one right?

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sable905

Are the REALLY that good? I always make my fillings, and have been very hesitant to buy the sleeves. It seems to be way cheaper to buy them, but I just never liked the idea of bagged fillings. I guess the only way to find out is to buy one right?

Yes they are really good. Store in a cool, dark place. Never had any problems.

sable905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sable905 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 11

I think I may try it. Making fresh filling can be pretty time consuming! How long can you keep the un-opened?

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 7:43pm
post #10 of 11

When unopened, they will store for a very long time, after you have opened them, keep in an airtight container and they will keep for a couple of months.......I have tried and like the lemon, strawberry, raspberry, bavarian cream, chocolate bav. cream, cream cheese, all very good and cheap and time saving!

tc4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tc4cake Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:00pm
post #11 of 11

Hi there. I order mine from a local distributor that I sell in my store....I currently have raspberry, lemon (nice and tart and fresh tasting) and Vienna creme....Yep, I use in a pinch and know what you mean about wanting to do homemade.....Anyway, feel free to email me if interested. I've got them on clearance right now for $2 as the BB date is approaching this month. You can still keep these suckers - thanks goodness for preservatives.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%