Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By cakelady2308 Updated 29 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm by roosterroses

cakelady2308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2308 Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 9:08am
post #1 of 4

HOW DO YOU GET THE PERFECT MODELING CHOCOLATE TO WORK WITH? I TRYED 50% CHOCOLATE, 50% GLUCOSE, .STILL COMES OUT STICKY AND IMPOSIBLE TO WORK WITH. I WANT TO COVER THE CAKE WITH IT NOT ONLY DECORATIONS.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 4

Try one bag of wilton candy melts and 1/3 cup of corn syrup.Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and stir in the corn syrup.Mix really well and set on waxpaper to set up.It will be really greasy at first and I used paper towel to soak up some of the oil but once it cooled it was great to model with.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Quote:

Try one bag of wilton candy melts and 1/3 cup of corn syrup.Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and stir in the corn syrup.Mix really well and set on waxpaper to set up.It will be really greasy at first and I used paper towel to soak up some of the oil but once it cooled it was great to model with.

I use this all the time and LOVE it!!! Don't worry if it gets a bit stiff on you between working on projects... just knead and squish it with your warm hands and it will be great! Store in a zippered baggie. And it tastes great!
Kiddiekakes - I am glad to know I am not the only one who uses a paper towel!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%