Originally Posted by campinsp

Go for it. Lets see...... Here is your supply list
1. new pans
2. new mixer
3. new decorating bag, tips
4. colors
5. cake boards
6. cake mix supplies

That should do it. Go ahead and make that cake!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ahh yes but let us not forget:
cost of gas to get to the store,
wear and tear on your car
electricity and or gas to operate your oven and refridge and mixer
massuse to fix your over worked muscles after putting this cake together
pedicure to repair chipped toe nail polish from standing in your kitchen
housekeeping to clean said kitchen
laundry bill (that you will of course send out) to clean the aprons, wash rags and towels
the list could go on and on truly thumbs_up.gif

editied to add...I just read the last page where you told her no...lol guess my post was too little to late icon_lol.gif
Good job on standing your ground thumbs_up.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 11:24pm
post #62 of 69

gingoodies...i love the you get what you pay for!!!

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:20am
post #63 of 69

NO cake for you! How rude is she?

Seriously, she should try going to the local bakeries and try to buy the cake "at cost". Let's see what kind of response she gets.

If you do make the cake, bend over, she's coming back for more!!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:49am
post #64 of 69

I'm glad you turned it down. Next time you can tell her:

Go ahead and purchase all the supplies... and place them in your oven!! See if the cake gets baked and decorated by itself. dunce.gif

(was that a little too sarcastic?) icon_evil.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:48am
post #65 of 69

And you know what else bothers me about this. It is fine to do cakes for free or for cost of supplies for friends. Sometimes I do. BUT I DECIDE if I want to . No one ever has come to me and TOLD me what they would pay me for it. That is what irks me the most about this "friend." I think it would have been totally different if she asked you to make the cake and said she only had $x amount of money to spend, what could you do for that price? Or she asked you to make the cake and was fully prepared to pay full price, but you decided to give her a reduced rate. Just assuming you want to give her a free cake is weird.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:44pm
post #66 of 69

here's what you do.....go to the grocery store pick up a cake from the bakery section and when she comes to pick it up hand her the receipt and the cake and a price list of your cake services so she knows what to expect to pay for your services.

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:55pm
post #67 of 69

Proud of you! Hope your other 2 cakes work out great...you took the high road and I know that it will pay off in the end...

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:04pm
post #68 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

i would also tell her i was busy. she's just going to keep taking advantage.
i don't know where some people get off thinking you have nothing to do but cakes for free just because you know them. the other day my brother tells me he needs a cake for his daughter's birthday this weekend, but he wants it BETTER than last year...something he can take pictures of. I MADE THE CAKE LAST YEAR!! i was insulted. it was the pineapple cake in my pics. i was very hurt!! some people just have no tact.
tell her you're busy making a very expensive cake!!

That was a great cake. I would tell your brother to get Colette Peters to do the cake this year.

Zaxapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zaxapi Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:37pm
post #69 of 69

does she walk into a restaurant and tell the waiter shes only paying what the ingrediant cost ? I dont think so.

how rude !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%