Template For Dress On Belly Cake???

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 12:20pm by sbcakes

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 6

is there one? I have my cakes made I'm just not sure how to make the dress....

5 replies
SimpleAffair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimpleAffair Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry...I am not aware of a template for the dress...the one I made I made it in 2 separate pieces which worked well for me. I made the skirt and then covered the breasts and then added a ribbon with a flower to cover the seam where it was joined.

There's a picture in my photos. Hope this helps!!

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 6

I also made the dress in two seperate pieces. To get the correct size, I used a tape measure to measure from one side of the belly to the other, and then measured from top of the belly to where I wanted the dress to end. Repeating this same measuring to cover the breasts. If you end up cutting slightly bigger than needed, you just carefully trim away the excess. Using an extra piece of fondant to cover the seam between the breasts and the belly. Picture in my photos!

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:59am
post #4 of 6

I'm making my first in a few weeks, I hope I can get it looking as great as the ones on CC!!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 6

I made mine in three pieces. I cut the two parts covering breasts the same size, then measured and cut for the belly part. Mine is in my photos as well. It was very simple to do. Good luck!

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 6

I just made one last week. I looked for a template too, but not sure if one exists! I ended up doing it like the previous posters said...in 2 pieces. Cover the breasts then the dress. My picture is in my photos. Good luck. Make sure you post a picture when you are done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%