Cakegenie

Decorating By irisinbloom Updated 1 Mar 2006 , 11:35pm by irisinbloom

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 11:58am
post #1 of 12

Thought I would share this with everyone just in case anyone is interested. Last night I was on B-Bay and did a search for cake decorating videos and the search came up with sereral videos by the Cakegenie. Never heard of her but they sound really good so I won a dvd set, I can't wait to get them. So if anyone else is interested she has some more, the item number is 4394145834, I think she has three more listed. Hope everyone has a great day.

11 replies
cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 12

Thanks irisinbloom i'll have to check that out . i love e-bay when it come to cake decorating stuff.i got alot of my cake pans from there.my dh get mad evertime i buy new ones .( i guess it's because i only have around 350 now )i'm always looking for the ones i don't have icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 12

350!!!!!!!!!WOW that's a lot a pans. Is it like a collection or do you get to use them all?

Wandy

cakelady1994 Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 12

it's a collection! i have'nt used them all but i'm working on it . it all started back in 1994 when i saw my first wilton yearbook icon_eek.gif .it was love at first site icon_redface.gif this was like nothing i had never seen before. icon_lol.gifi guess you could say i did'nt get out much back then. icon_lol.gif now i'm always looking for more. icon_wink.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 12

Hmmmm are you the one always outbidding me on eBay?? icon_biggrin.gif just kidding.. I've purchased a few off of eBay before, but I don't have nearly the collection you do!! lol

irisinbloom, I'll have to check that out too.. I purchased one off of eBay before, well make that 2... didn't care for either one... one was so bad, I couldn't believe she made a video and someone actually bought one.. well, I did lol

cakelady1994 Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 12

maybe.. icon_lol.gif no just kidding.sometimes i may bid 1 at a time but i usually buy mine in lots of 3,6 sometimes 10 or more. i get a better deal that way if i have 2 of the same things i can always sell them for around 5.00 and still make a buck or 2 icon_smile.gif

irisinbloom Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 12

ntertayneme. I sure hope this isn't the same lady, or I will be just sick. I think this lady made this I'm not sure. All I know is she calls herself the Cakegenie and when you view her description page you can actually see a small video clip of her decorating, it's just about a minute long. And it shows 10 different cakes that is on the video that you can learn to do, it is supposed to be for advanced decorators and beginners.

chellesunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellesunshine Posted 28 Feb 2006 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 12

Did you enjoy your purchase and would you recommend the videos to anyone else?

irisinbloom Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 12:02am
post #9 of 12

Yes I really enjoyed watching her decorate. You can tell that it is a home made video, but she does do really pretty flowers and makes it look so easy. She has a Holiday video out or at least at Christmas time she had one on E-Bay and I was just to busy to get it, but the next time I see it I am going to try for that one also. This was a two disc set, one was for beginners and one was advanced. I haven't watched the beginners disc yet, I didn't think I needed to but you never know, she may show something that would be usefulicon_smile.gif

chellesunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellesunshine Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 1:13am
post #10 of 12

Thanks!!! She has all of her videos in her store and I will definately have to get one.

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 12

I bought the dvd a while ago. She has really good customer service-one of the dvd's wouldn't play and she sent out another copy. If you want to make lots of different buttercream flowers, it's good to have.

Sandra

irisinbloom Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 11:35pm
post #12 of 12

She does make beautiful flowers, and one of them was an IRISicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%