Really Frustrated!!!! Someone Please Help!!!

Decorating By Lejla Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 11:05pm by Lejla

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 31

I have been online a whole entire morning trying to find a wilton 3D lamb pan.I have an order for a 3D horse, and am apsolutely clules as to what to do if I don't find this pan icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif .I know e-bay has them,but just recently I had to close my e-bay account,since it was "hijacked".So e-bay is out of the picture for me.I tried to google it, but every single site takes me to the same link of this one website.I really don't know what to do.Does anyone knows of any websites where I could purchase one of these.
Also I was wandering if I don't get this pan in time.Do you think I could use a 3D bunny pan.I don't think it would look right,but I have never tried.
Someone help me please icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif .
Thank you.
Lejla

30 replies
kisha311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisha311 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 31

You can try www.cakepans4less.com I know that they sell a variety of pans, so the lamb may be one of them. Good luck!

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 31

doesn't your local michaels or walmart carry them?

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 31

or hobby lobby.

Lejla Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:38pm
post #5 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnrlvr

doesn't your local michaels or walmart carry them?

You know it funny. I think I have like every single craft store you can think of around me, but you can not find a 3D cake pans for the life of you.The only ones I ever saw were teddy bear, duck, and a house.
As for walmart you'd be lucky to find anything that has a word "wilton" on it. icon_rolleyes.gif. Go figure, I guess that is the price you pay to live back in the bundocks.Web always seemed to be my lifeline,and now it is giving me hard time too.

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:38pm
post #6 of 31

This cake was done by Kitagrl. Maybe you can pm her if you need directions just as a back up if you do not get your pan in time. It's absolutely adorable. It looks like the wonder mold for body (I use an inverted pampered chef bowl) and the head is probably a round cake with fondant curly q's. HTH - Good Luck

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=17308

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:41pm
post #7 of 31

I know someone on here also used the 3D duck pan (I think Cambo) and made it into a pony and set it on a sheet cake that looked like grass. It was adorable.

I have the 3D lamb pan and tried to make it into a horse, it was a nightmare, just when I was trying to decide if I should continue or scrap it, the head fall off! Made the decision for me! Good luck!

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 31

I am pretty sure the store where I shop has it. If you want to send me a check I will get it for you and ship it.

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:46pm
post #9 of 31

I made this unicorn from a 3D duck pam and it was really easy. Hope that gives you an idea!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=154423

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:48pm
post #11 of 31

Are you anywhere near Blue Ball, PA? I saw the lamb pan (on an end display, all the way up top) at Floral & Craft Warehouse.

deb

noosie Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:51pm
post #12 of 31

ooops! I misunderstood, I thought you need to make a lamb not horse. Will keep looking for alternatives.

Lejla Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:01pm
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomLittr

Are you anywhere near Blue Ball, PA? I saw the lamb pan (on an end display, all the way up top) at Floral & Craft Warehouse.

deb

Well, I have never heard of this place before.I just googled it to see where it was, and it is like 3hrs away from me.I live in Altoona-State College area.But even thou it is that far,Im considering taking a trip maybe.How big this store is? If it has a big selection of the cake decorating stuff I may be worth the trip.Thank you for your help.
Thank you all,you are so sweet. thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:27pm
post #15 of 31

also check ebay for this same pan as I have sen it often on there! And at times cheaper even with shipping.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:37pm
post #16 of 31

Here is a link to Cake Art, they have it on their website, but you can always call and make sure that they have it. They are really nice and very helpful. http://www.cakeartpartystore.com/store/e-StoreOperations_searchItem.asp

Hope this helps.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:44pm
post #17 of 31

Floral & Craft Warehouse is fairly big and has just about everything in the way of crafts, and has a good selection of cake decorating items, just not alot of them. Truthfully only saw one lamb pan on display, so not sure if it would be worth a ride unless they hold it for you.

deb

Lejla Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:47pm
post #18 of 31

Thank you guys again for your help.
I tried again the search engines and found one site that had it.I just placed an order for it plus I treated myself and got me a diamond impression mat.
I found some really neat cake sites,so I tought I would share it with you,just in case you never heard of them.Because I never did until now.Some really cool stuff they got.

www.cakeartpartystore.com/store

http://www.createacakeshop.com/

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shops/cake_decorating.aspx

http://www.pattycakes.com/

This are some of the great ones I found.
Thank you again for your help.
You are great!!!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:53pm
post #19 of 31

Is it a retired pan? If not, you could just order it right from wilton.

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:54pm
post #20 of 31

Country Kitchen is probably my favorite site for ordering things except for here on CC, of course. They are absolutely great to work with. Good luck on finding your pan. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

BTW - I am in no way affiliated with countrykitchensa.com. I just wanted to let you know that they are great to work with. icon_wink.gif

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 4:33pm
post #21 of 31

Well, I was reading down this thread and was going to offer to loan you mine. A lady at church gave it to me and it's still covered in the dirt from her shed where it sat for years. I havent seen a need to even clean it yet since I cant imagine being good enough to use it any time soon.

But I am glad you got one.

Lejla Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 5:07pm
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgiles

Well, I was reading down this thread and was going to offer to loan you mine. A lady at church gave it to me and it's still covered in the dirt from her shed where it sat for years. I havent seen a need to even clean it yet since I cant imagine being good enough to use it any time soon.

Awww,you made me feel really special now.Even thou I already got one, you have no idea how much it means to me that you were willing to this for me. It makes me realize that the world isn't that bad after all.You are really sweet.Thank you for being such a sweet person thumbs_up.gif .
Lejla

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 6:43pm
post #23 of 31

Maybe I should show this to my husband. Someone thinks I'm sweet. Yes!!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 6:49pm
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgiles

I also have one in my garage that I was gonna offer to send you, but I see that you found one already

jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 7:05pm
post #25 of 31

I grew up in Cresson, near Altoona. Anyway, I have one that I would send you to use.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 7:24pm
post #26 of 31

Just curious why you dont use the pony 3d pan instead of the lamb?

Lejla Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 9:14pm
post #27 of 31

See, this is what Im talking about.Even more sweet people.This is why CC is my regular hangout,lol.
Darcat, I have never heard of 3D ponny cake pan.
I looked at some of the pictures of 3D horses here on CC,and all of the ones I really liked and was looking for said that they used 3D lamb pan.So i figured there was no way around it.I guess my "brunnete " roots are showing through,lol.

LadyMike Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 10:15pm
post #28 of 31

Is there a pony pan? I've never seen one.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 10:22pm
post #29 of 31

Ooop my mistake wasnt thinking 3 d lol but now that I'm thinking about it do you think it's possible to make two of the lil pony cakes and glue them togther? Just curious.hmmm but then how would they stand up lol I guess I better put less blonde highlights in my hair next month lmao

LadyMike Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 10:56pm
post #30 of 31

LOL I don't think you could get it to stand up, but maybe if it was kind of sitting/lying in the grass or whatever, it might just work. You'd have to have a cake to fill-in. I don't know - I'd probably be trying to change the mind of the person that the cake is being made for. Good Luck!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%