3D Buzz Lightyear

Decorating By delithra Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 7:21am by Hollyanna70

delithra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delithra Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 8:51am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have any pics or any ideas on a 3D Buzz? His torso should be easy as its mostly a square, with arms on the side, but what about his head? he has this huge helmet with a small face....was just hoping someone had some sorta idea, failing which i will have to try it on my own!thanks icon_smile.gif
deli

3 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 6:00am
post #2 of 4

Maybe use sugar for the helmet or even gelatine sheets. Just an idea.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 6:35am
post #3 of 4

No idea how to help you but I'll give you a bump!

And to say WOW! Ambitious! I want to see the pics when you finish it! icon_smile.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 7:21am
post #4 of 4

Well, you could always go for the "not edible" approach on the helmet. A large plastic fish bowl, or glass flower bowl, something like that. Blown sugar would be awesome if that's even possible... I, myself, have absolutely no experience with it, but would love to try it some day. As far as I know, you may not be able to get a clear glass look with blown sugar.

You could make the tiny head from gumpaste, or fondant, or something like that, if you're good with sculpting. Sadly, I haven't tried my hand at that yet, either. I hope to soon, though. Just waiting for my husband to recover from the stresses of my last cake, before I jump into another adventure. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck! I hope you're able to find what you're looking for. I can't wait to see pictures. icon_smile.gif

Holly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%