Party At The Pool (Branched Off Sc Thread)

Lounge By KayDay Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:32am by LaSombra

KayDay Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 168

Chaptlps Ill being some margaritas.....

167 replies
lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 1:05am
post #2 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

I've started mixing up the Mojios over here - regular or strawberry?

Don't know what a mojio is but make mine a strawberry..................

Diane

What happened to my strawberry mojio? I still don't know what it is but I am parched at this end of the pool. icon_cool.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gif

Diane

Ladycake Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 1:46am
post #3 of 168
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've started mixing up the Mojios over here - regular or strawberry?

Don't know what a mojio is but make mine a strawberry..................

Diane

What happened to my strawberry mojio? I still don't know what it is but I am parched at this end of the pool. icon_cool.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gif

Diane

Mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail drink which became quite popular in the United States during the late 1890s.

The word "mojo" means -mixture- and that is exactly what this cocktail is. Today the Mojito cocktail occupies a special place in Cuba. It's considered the National drink of Cuba.

6 fresh Strawberries
2 Mint sprigs
3 wedges Lime
1 oz. Creme de Fraise des Bois (Cartron)
2 oz. Rum
1 splash Soda water
How To Make It:

Muddle strawberries, mint, lime and Creme de Fraise des Boise hard in a shaker tin. Add rum and fill shaker with ice. Shake well. Double strain (through sieve) into Collins Glass filled with cracked ice. Top with a splash of soda water.

candy177 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:23am
post #4 of 168

I've never had a strawberry mojito...but I'm not a fan of the regular ones. Perhaps I'll whip up some hurricanes or midori sours instead. icon_wink.gif

Where's my cabana boy? Don't these evil cesspools have cabana boys??? icon_lol.gif

KrisD13 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:00am
post #5 of 168

ok....just ran out for supplies. I got some rum, strawberries, ice,chips and dip....artichoke dip, mint leaves, many drink mixes....what everyone needs for the party in the cesspool.

I read that somebody is getting the grill up and running??? Kewl, I brought some marinaded chicken, and some beef and veggies for kabobs! icon_biggrin.gif

redpanda Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 7:21am
post #6 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisD13

ok....just ran out for supplies. I got some rum, strawberries, ice,chips and dip....artichoke dip, mint leaves, many drink mixes....what everyone needs for the party in the cesspool.

I read that somebody is getting the grill up and running??? Kewl, I brought some marinaded chicken, and some beef and veggies for kabobs! icon_biggrin.gif

But, who's bringing the cake? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 9:22am
post #7 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisD13

Okay, here I am, up in the middle of the night because I can't sleep. The supplies sound great except that I'll go back to margaritas or have a hurricane as I don't care for mint nor do I like Madori. Guess I shouldn't be so picky while I'm floating in this cesspool.

Have the grill going and thought a nice big salad and sliced home-grown tomatoes and some fresh corn on the cob would be great also.

Redpanda, beings you were smart enough to remember the cake, we're going to let you bring it...........

Diane thumbs_up.gif

SweetResults Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 1:52pm
post #8 of 168

I've got some fruit kabobs for the grill as well!!

Peaches, pineapple, nectarines, strawberries, glazed and ready to grill with a cream cheese-Fluff dip - YUM!!!

Can't wait to see the cake Redpanda!

I'm mixing up a few fresh raspberry Mojios as well - oh, and SANGRIA!! Gotta have some sangria!

Hmmmm - got quite a craving for fruit today, don't I?

lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 2:14pm
post #9 of 168
Quote:

I've got some fruit kabobs for the grill as well!!

Peaches, pineapple, nectarines, strawberries, glazed and ready to grill with a cream cheese-Fluff dip - YUM!!!

Can't wait to see the cake Redpanda!

I'm mixing up a few fresh raspberry Mojios as well - oh, and SANGRIA!! Gotta have some sangria!

Hmmmm - got quite a craving for fruit today, don't I?

Just think of all the good vitamins in that fruit though. Can I please have some of the raspberries for my margarita?

Diane

Ladycake Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 2:26pm
post #10 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

On a side note: I just came from the Kenny Chesney concert and they had some fantastic run drinks that should be enjoyed around the pool....too bad I had no clue what they had in them icon_sad.gif

What was the name of this drink??? I like Kenny Chesney ... LOL .. But I like Country so.... I would die to see Garth Brooks in Concert...

lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladycake

Quote:

On a side note: I just came from the Kenny Chesney concert and they had some fantastic run drinks that should be enjoyed around the pool....too bad I had no clue what they had in them icon_sad.gif

What was the name of this drink??? I like Kenny Chesney ... LOL .. But I like Country so.... I would die to see Garth Brooks in Concert...

Perhaps we could get one of these guys to entertain around the pool. From the sounds of the menu and drinks, I think we need Jimmy Buffet.

Diane

Ladycake Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 2:44pm
post #12 of 168
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Perhaps we could get one of these guys to entertain around the pool. From the sounds of the menu and drinks, I think we need Jimmy Buffet.

Diane

LMAO... I got a Drinking Problem or its 5 O'Clock some where..

Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffet...

Pour me somethin' tall and strong
Make it a hurricane before I go insane
It's only half past twelve, but I don't care
It's five o'clock somewhere

Tramski Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 2:54pm
post #13 of 168
Quote:

It was called a Voodoo Bucket and it was made with Cruzan Rum, it tasted like fruit punch.

Oh and I have had the chance to see Garth before he stopped touring, you would have loved him, definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Edited: I found the recipe!

1 part Cruzan Pineapple Rum
1 part Cruzan Orange Rum
1 part Cruzan Banana Rum
1 part Cruzan Coconut Rum
Cranberry juice
Orange juice
Pineapple juice
Shake it
Top off with 1 part Cruzan Estate Dark Rum

You can watch a video of them making it on www.cruzanrum.com

Ladycake Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 3:15pm
post #14 of 168

[quote="Tramski"]

Quote:

Oh and I have had the chance to see Garth before he stopped touring, you would have loved him, definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Oh I know he has until the last daughter is 21 which she is ONLY 11 right now... But as long as he keeps putting out Music I will be happy.. But I understand too I got all of his CDs and will get the new one when it comes out in a few months... He has never come to Bakersfield the closest he has come is Fresno which is about 1 hr from me and the tickets were gone in 15 mins... Sold OUT.. I did not have a chance.. LOL .. Some day I hope...

Ladycake Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 3:18pm
post #15 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramski

Quote:

It was called a Voodoo Bucket and it was made with Cruzan Rum, it tasted like fruit punch.

1 part Cruzan Orange Rum
1 part Cruzan Banana Rum
Cranberry juice
Orange juice
Pineapple juice
Shake it

I have never heard of these rums sounds good.. I like fruity drinks.. There is a slurpie (Icy blended) kinda drink at the "Outback Steak House" that is a peach and OMG that thing is so Yummy.... And I am not a peach drinker but this is to die for...

lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 3:33pm
post #16 of 168

This Voodoo Bucket sounds plum scary!!!!!!! I'd drown in the shallow end of the pool drinking these. icon_lol.gif

I can see me listening to my Jimmy Buffet CDs today. Have all of Garth's too but he is not my favorite. My favorite is George Jones. LadyCake, living in Bakersfield, you should love Merle and Buck.

I was born in Modesto and raised around Sacramento. My dad managed western bands there back in the old days when Bob Wills and his brother Billy Jack were around. My dad called square dances for Bob.

Diane

SweetResults Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 3:56pm
post #17 of 168

Please pass these raspberries over to Diane someone? I'm blowing up my raft for the pool.

LaSombra Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 5:15pm
post #18 of 168

I can bring some chips and salsa, maybe some guacamole dip icon_lol.gif

chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:23pm
post #19 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramski

Quote:

1 part Cruzan Orange Rum
1 part Cruzan Banana Rum
Cranberry juice
Orange juice
Pineapple juice
Shake it

You can watch a video of them making it on www.cruzanrum.com

That sounds sooooo good! And thanks for the link - a very interesting site! Makes me crave the waves and the sand and the palm trees...

But I'll be happy to settle for the "cesspool!" At least I know there's lots of good "evil" folks to keep me company here...

Pass the fruit kabobs, please! And hand me a bucket of Voodoo Bucket! (And a bottle of Tylenol, for later...)

lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:51pm
post #20 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

I can bring some chips and salsa, maybe some guacamole dip icon_lol.gif

Aha! You've finally hit it--guacamole, my favorite snack! I surely do miss those good avocados in CA!

Diane

Ladycake Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 8:40pm
post #21 of 168
Quote:

LadyCake, living in Bakersfield, you should love Merle and Buck.

Diane

Oh I like Buck and Merle too they are not my Favs but I like them...

I would have to say my All time Fav would be George Strait - Then Reba - Garth ect... LOL

lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:22pm
post #22 of 168

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20052434,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Just read this about Garth's new CD...........I love Reba also. She cracks me up sometimes!

Diane

SweetResults Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:22pm
post #23 of 168

Hey Ladycakes! Did your tagline come from a sign at SC?

"I'd Like To Help You Out -------- Which Way Did You Come In???"

icon_biggrin.gif

Jimmy Buffett cranking - can someone pass the sunscreen?

lanibird Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:43pm
post #24 of 168

Sorry everyone, I promise rum, then vanish! Darn my family for taking me away from the cesspool fun. Got my floaties though, and ready to jump in. Brought some pretzels and cheese, cause it just feels like a pretzel and cheese day! icon_biggrin.gif

That Voodoo Bucket looks like it belongs here in this cesspool of evil, and slightly drunk people. icon_razz.gif Got another drink to add to the mix. Called Mojo. DH had it at a bar in the Philippines while in the Navy. He wasn't much of a drinker and his friends told him it was a non-alcoholic punch, and he believed them, and drank large amounts, tried to stand up, then fell right back down and realized it was saturated in liquor. We recently found the recipe online. I admit that we have yet to make it, he still doesn't really drink, and though I'm a bit of a lush, I do have children to take care of. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

1 bottle of beer
5 shots dark rum
5 shots vodka
5 shots gin
5 shots whisky
4 oz pineapple juice
4 oz oj
4 oz sprite
1 shot lime juice
dash of grenadine
1 lemon sliced
--- Makes 1 pitcher

I find it hard to believe he couldn't taste the alcohol, but.... Who wants some?

Oh, and Diane, make sure your fill your margarita with lots of raspberries; I remember reading a few months ago that alcohol actually makes berries HEALTHIER!! Something about upping the antioxidant properties or something. icon_twisted.gif

lionladydi Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 11:43pm
post #25 of 168

Mojo sounds wicked. Have you ever drank a Long Island Iced Tea? You can't taste the liquor in those and they will knock you on your butt. When I owned a bar, I wouldn't serve more than two of them to a person.

Yes, I need extra raspberries. Definitely want my margaritas to be healthy.

Pass the sunscreen................

Diane

Ladycake Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:21am
post #26 of 168
Quote:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20052434,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Just read this about Garth's new CD...........I love Reba also. She cracks me up sometimes!

Diane

Ya I know he was not going to tour till the youngest was 21 and she is 11 now... He said that he was going to get some songs out there and a new collection so...

DelightsByE Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:27am
post #27 of 168

Hey somebody please pass me another glass of that Voodoo stuff so I don't have to get off my floatie. Why doesn't this cesspool have a floating bar???

What were we talking about before? Some sort of Sugar Raft? *hic*

Tramski Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:33am
post #28 of 168

Sugar raft...hehehehehehe

Sorry I giggle when I drink

I might need a lifeguard, preferably tan and hunky with a slight country twang if I could be so picky icon_wink.gif

DelightsByE Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #29 of 168

Hey I just hired this guy, he says he's Red Cross certified.....
LL

Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:41am
post #30 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightsByE

Hey I just hired this guy, he says he's Red Cross certified.....

I NEED CPR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%