Decorating By mandacurlz Updated 31 Oct 2006 , 10:31pm by mandacurlz

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 1:19pm
post #31 of 36

Thank you! Got it saved.

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 3:37pm
post #32 of 36

Your rose is pretty. I have made the Tootsie Roll roses and found using a corsage pin helps with the petals. I also used a lot of vanilla. I think they are so pretty. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

messykitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messykitchen Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 8:21pm
post #33 of 36

OOOOOooo, cool! I will have to try this!! Thanks so much for the info. The flower you did is very beautiful. I'm sure starburst would taste so much better than the gum paste, too..... thumbs_up.gif I'll keep those tootsie roll roses in mind for my chocoholic mother's birthday.... icon_lol.gif She'd love it!

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 11:41pm
post #34 of 36

thanks for the clarification.....i was just at walmart today and i totally forgot about this!!! i was so preoccupied in rying not to forget the things that i was there for that i forgot about starburts!!!! and they had a TON of candy in stock for halloween!!

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 8:07am
post #35 of 36

ok so i bought some starburts and i made a rose and daffodil (pics in my gallery) but i'm not too happy with either. any tips?

mandacurlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandacurlz Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 10:31pm
post #36 of 36

Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that I used the Starburst roses that I made on a cake on Sunday. Since they had been drying out for a couple of days, they got hard. However, after being on the cake for a couple of hours, they softened back up and icon_mad.gif started to bleed onto my white icing!! The frosting was a whipped cream, cream cheese icing. Don't know if something in that particular type of icing broke down something in the Starbursts or what.. This is the picture right after I finished the cake (before the roses started bleeding)
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%