Colette Peters Recipes

Baking By nlh Updated 19 Jul 2005 , 4:05am by ashianadotkom

nlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nlh Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever made any of here cake or icing recipes? What is the opinion here? I would think she would be considered one of the best, no?

I made her chocolate cake this weekend from her Weddings book. It was very good, but I was expecting to have my socks knocked off.

What are your thoughts on her?

4 replies
lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lou Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 5

I personally love her work visually. I have never tried her recipes but have tried other recipes in books by popular chefs and have had the same experience you had trying Colletes. All I can say is there are sooo many variable factors when baking a cake and sooo many different taste buds that sometimes what works for one doesn't always for the other. Does this make for a bad baker...no...a bad recipe...no...just means you have to find another recipe that works for you.

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 5

I happen to really enjoy her recipe for rolled fondant. I have never tried any of her cake recipes though.

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 5

I've only made her chocolate cake recipe, but so far it has been the most complemented chocolate cake recipe compared to others that I've tried. I think it's because of the coffee add in. Cuts some of the sweetness and many like it.

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 4:05am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou

All I can say is there are sooo many variable factors when baking a cake and sooo many different taste buds that sometimes what works for one doesn't always for the other. Does this make for a bad baker...no...a bad recipe...no...just means you have to find another recipe that works for you.

i agree with you lou

Ashiana

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%