I Need A Cake Box And Board Supplier!! Who Do You Love??

Business By ButtercupMama Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 1:40pm by diane

ButtercupMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercupMama Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:28am
post #1 of 7

I'm opening my cake shop in 2 weeks and have been overwhelmed with many things; right now I am fretting over who to get large quantities of boxes and boards(cake pads) from.
I normally use the pink cardboard boxes, and regular cardboard pads that I cover with foil, although I would also like to order pads that already have a foil surface. I use all sizes of sheets and rounds. (Right now I buy in small quantites from a local supply shop.)
I would like good prices as well as good shipping pricing!!
PLEASE HELP! Time is getting very short! icon_smile.gif
Thanks so much!!

6 replies
3tiers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3tiers Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:32am
post #2 of 7

I order my pink boxes from Instawares. You can usually get free shipping with a $250 order. I order my boards from CK (www.ckproducts.com). Best of luck!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:53am
post #3 of 7

I like www.brpboxshop.com however there was recently a topic about them not being very accomidating for a custom order. So if they have the size of boxes you want then I would suggest them, they also offer free shipping and all items are lots of 100.

If you are a business I would suggest contacting www.bunzl.com they are a supplier to all sorts of food businesses. I do not know if they have the color you want, but I think they would definitely be in a good price range.

HTH

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 11:33am
post #4 of 7

I don't use the pink boxes...mostly because I couldn't find them. But I do get a good chunk of my bulk supplies from this company.

http://www.ccwsupply.com/catalog/cake-decoration-boards-boxes-c-48_53.html

Since I am switching to pink boxes, I plan on ordering them from Paper Mart. I order my sample boxes from them and they are great! Never had a problem. Orders come on time.

http://www.papermart.com/templates/85-0-10.htm

Good luck!

SherisEdibleDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SherisEdibleDesigns Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 7

We just placed an order with Foodservicedirect.com. The pricing seem fair and the shipping somewhat resonable considering the total shipment weight was 127 lbs. They also have pink boxes which are what I ordered.

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:15am
post #6 of 7

What sizes would one recommend for a "just starting out" kind-of-person?

What seems to be the most ordered cake size?

I'm guessing there is not "mix and match" type of thing to choose from for the box sizes (?)

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 7

www.discountcakedecorating.com...ask for ed or elaine. they are fabulous. extremely courteous and very customer oriented!...and very speedy when it comes to shipping! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%