Fondant Bow

Decorating By mjones17 Updated 18 Jul 2005 , 2:52pm by thecakemaker

mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 3:46am
post #1 of 6

What a joke!!!!!!!! I tried to make one and it was so UGLY. I was going to take a picture and post it but I was too embarassed. It just didn't work right.

5 replies
SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 5:29am
post #2 of 6

Awww Dern I am so sorry to hear that. Maybe Try again? Hey Just think your doing better then me, I haven't even tried it yet..=0)
Try Try AGAIN! =0) Maybe the 2nd time will be the charm..
~Sweet~ =0)

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 5:30am
post #3 of 6

Make sure your fondant is thick enough. Also make sure you have tissue stuffed inside each loop. And make sure you let it sit for a few hours or even over night before you use it.

If you take a pic of the bow & post it in this post we might be able to help you better. So add the pic. I promise I won't laugh~ icon_smile.gif

Don't get discouraged!! You'll figure it out~

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 6

Were you trying to make a puff bow or a dress bow??? I find if your just starting out that wilton fondant works better for bows than MMF because it dries quicker. To make a puff bow I make each loop and let them hang on a pole to stiffen up. Next I pull them off and stand them on their sides until they are good and hard. You really want to do this at least a day before you need them . If it's a really big bow, or really humid maybe a little longer.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones17

What a joke!!!!!!!! I tried to make one and it was so UGLY. I was going to take a picture and post it but I was too embarassed. It just didn't work right.

Don't worry. I have done some horrible looking things while learning to decorate. Don't give up and try, try, try again. I tried to do a monkey long time ago out of fondant and it looked like disfigured monster from I don't know where.... icon_lol.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 6

Tell us what didn't work for you and maybe we can help.

Deb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%