Setting Up Wedding Cakes

Decorating By barbspies Updated 19 Jul 2005 , 8:15pm by barbspies

barbspies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbspies Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 1:57am
post #1 of 8

I'm having trouble with setting up the wedding cake. Since stacking one right on top of each is in I'm getting more and more request for them.
My problem is I'm short so stacking cakes in the center of the cake table can be quite a challenge. I afraid to stack and slide, especially th larger cakes. Does any one have a clever trick?
any other tips would be welcomed. Thanks barbspies

7 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:06am
post #2 of 8

Stacked cakes can be very difficult to deliver and set up because they are heavy in weight also. I like to take someone with me...I usually take my neighbor because she also does cakes...and knows how to handle them. My advice would be to have someone else help you. Once you got it on the table...maybe the other person could help slide it in the middle.
traci

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:12am
post #3 of 8

It's always been easier for me to set them up closer to the edge and then very carefully slide them to the center of the table.. some of the tables the brides have are very large round tables and they want the cakes in the center, which to me is too hard for the to cut that far away (for pictures).

midge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midge Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 8

I am very short as well - 4' 10" and I have a lot of requests for the stacked cakes. I have learned that it is easier to stack the cakes once I get to the reception hall - I also have a trick for getting the cake to the center of the table. Make sure you have someone with you to help.

When I first get to the hall I go into the room and look at the table. If it is a round table I move the table cloth off the front edge of the table just about half way. I set my cake up, close to the edge of the table, finish decorating, etc and then very gently move the cake to the center by pulling the table cloth slowly to the back of the table. Someone is watching to make sure that the cake doesn't shift and that it makes it to the center of the table. I have never had a problem so far, and it makes it easier on me.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 8

midge, what a great idea. I always push the cake and try not to bunch up the cloth. That's a great trick!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 8

midge- that's exactly what I do. I also adjust the cake this way too (to get the better view)

midge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midge Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 3:29pm
post #7 of 8

Ladies - Where There Is A Cake There Is A Way!

barbspies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbspies Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the table cloth idea sound good. Bring another person along is a good idea too. Happy Baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%