Grrr.....i Made What She Wanted!

Decorating By movingritealong Updated 2 Sep 2007 , 12:33pm by ysa

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 10:37pm
post #61 of 69

er... that's a gaudy cake. kudos to you for putting up with her, relznik.

movingritealong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
movingritealong Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 2:57am
post #62 of 69

icon_lol.gif That's a funny cake! lol

LisaMH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMH Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:36pm
post #63 of 69

I have to repectfully disagree with those who said that when the lady asked for a "jersey cake" there was a "misunderstanding" and that she wanted a "sculpted cake".
When people ask me for a "football player", a "karate guy", etc...am I to think they are under the misguided notion that I am Roland Winbeckler and will get out the plywood and the power tools to do a cake sculpture?
If someone wanted a "jersey cake" I would assume they want a sheet cake with a picture of a jersey on it.
Of course, at the time of order, I would have established the number of servings and said that I could make a _X_ cake with a jersey on it and there would be no "misunderstanding".
I stick with my original thought that NOTHING WAS DONE WRONG HERE...people can be BIG, PICKY JERKS (and I should know because I work retail!!!) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 6:14pm
post #64 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMH

I have to repectfully disagree with those who said that when the lady asked for a "jersey cake" there was a "misunderstanding" and that she wanted a "sculpted cake".
When people ask me for a "football player", a "karate guy", etc...am I to think they are under the misguided notion that I am Roland and will get out the plywood and the power tools to do a cake sculpture?
If someone wanted a "jersey cake" I would assume they want a sheet cake with a picture of a jersey on it.
Of course, at the time of order, I would have established the number of servings and said that I could make a _X_ cake with a jersey on it and there would be no "misunderstanding".
I stick with my original thought that NOTHING WAS DONE WRONG HERE...people can be BIG, PICKY JERKS (and I should know because I work retail!!!) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I think what the people that posted are referring to is that the original poster's actual words were "cake that looks like a Montana jersey", not "a jersey cake". Still, the customer was not very clear, and it was an honest misunderstanding. In my opinion if the design was of such extreme importance that a small variation like having a picture of a jersey on a cake rather than having a jersey shaped cake would ruin her child's birthday party, then she should've been meticulously clear about exactly what she wanted. The truth is, some people just can't be pleased.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 6:25pm
post #65 of 69

Cake civilians don't know our lingo. Cake civilians can be as meticulous as possible, but they cannot be expected to know this craft in the same detail that we do.

Cake civilians have no idea what a "sculpted" cake is. They probably never even heard the term. All they know is they want a cake "that looks like" a jersey. Does that mean a drawing of one on a sheet? Does that mean a cake shaped like a jersey? We need to find out.

That's why I never use "half" or "full" in reference to sheet cakes. Cake civilians don't know what those sizes are. They're just using the lingo. All they know is they need cake to feed 20. They've no idea if that's a half or a full sheet. We need to find out what they need.

I think this one should just be filed under "Lessons Learned" for future reference.

aroree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aroree Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:25am
post #66 of 69

wow... i always knew 'peggers were nuts! icon_rolleyes.gif this is why i hate the public icon_lol.gif

movingritealong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
movingritealong Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:42am
post #67 of 69

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Nope totally sane, it's the rest of the world that's crazy! icon_lol.gif

Nice to see other peggers on here!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:36am
post #68 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Cake civilians don't know our lingo.

Cake civilians!! LMAO icon_lol.gif

ysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ysa Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 12:33pm
post #69 of 69

she's rude.... omg! she blamed you instead of appreciating the beauty of your cake? what she told you was not specific and she got the nerve? duhh.. another lesson learned... if i were in you place... i'll do whatever she wants...lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%