Have Big Embarrassing Problem With Son...please Help (Long)

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 15 Jun 2008 , 2:07am by lepaz

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:23pm
post #31 of 44

Glad I finally noticed that we have this "Lounge" forum...this topic is perfect for me, since I found something similar in my 14 yr old's bedroom just last week! I agree...keep the communication open!

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 12:07am
post #32 of 44

Hi all...I have 14 year old twins (boy/girl) who are starting high school in Sept.-- I have already been tested by my kids (DD caught petting, DS looking up pics on web). After I freaked out away from the kids, DH & I formed a united front: We talked with them, letting them know that the feelings, questions and curiosity was all normal; we told them that they could come and ask us ANYTHING and we promised to listen without jumping to conclusions--In short, we want to let our kids know that we are a safe, secure, loving and ACCURATE source of information and support. We explained acceptable behavior & the risks & responsiblity of sex. We told them to MAKE UP THEIR MINDS NOW HOW THEY WILL DEAL WITH PEER PRESSURE--ONCE YOU ARE IN A SITUATION, IT'S HARD TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION. We topped it all off with some good ole Bible Scriptures, cause we are Christians and we want our kids to know that God created sex & sexuality and meant it to be good, honorable and pleasurable for married couples. I pray all the best for our teens/young adults and I pray sanity for all us parents trying to hold it down rignt in this sex (drug, alcohol, money)-crazed society

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:00am
post #33 of 44

[quote="Doug"]ohhhhhh da widdy baby boy is becoming a MAN.

ok...

let's just be sure (pause) it's a GENTLEman.

yep, there thoughts are perfectly (pause) normal...

they happen all the time, very often in fact (pause)!

Some study once claimed that your average healthy man (pause) was probably going to thinks about sex at least once a (pause) minute or so!

[/quote

Just by going through the pauses, does that mean you only type approx 5-10 words a minute or so. hehe icon_biggrin.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 30 May 2008 , 8:45am
post #34 of 44

This is just the beginning. You will do fine. I know it is hard but like doug and others have said he's growing up and some of it is going to shock you. As long as he knows that he has someone to talk to about these things he will be fine. Just know that even if things don't turn out the way you want them to, It's NOT your fault. My mom was very open with us and we grew up and did things she wasn't proud of but I talked to her once and I remember telling her that she did everything right and that we did listen to her. She did and said all the right things and we made our choices and learned on our own. Unfortunately she was hurt with my younger sister getting pregnant at 14 but I told her that it was supposed to happen like that. Now my nephew is 7 yrs old and he has been the light and happiness in our lives, especially through her divorce from my father. That little man makes us laugh and smile and nothing can make us happier then his craziness and his naked shenanigans. ( that's a whole other topic) but in the end we are all grown and I am married w/o children and have done other things to make her proud. My brother and I joined the military and we are both in college and the rest of our relatives dropped out of school and are on there way to having there 6th or 7th kid. ( not that there is anything wrong with that) but they are also taking all types of drugs and not doing anything with there lives. Just remember it could be worse. It's better that you teach him to be safe so that when that time comes at least he is being cautious.

Lots of love and hugs!!!!! You are a great person and it will reflect in your children when they get older.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:42pm
post #35 of 44

yep perfectly normal, i have a similar story from a few years that i found quite comical (of course it wsnt my kid and at the time i was about 16)
so im over hanging out with my best friend, a guy I grew up with (no funny biz, he was gay then and hes gay now). His mom came in waving a piece of paper and says when vanna leaves we need to talk, chris looks at her and looks at the paper and say oh no, that wasnt me, it was robert. At the time chris and i are 16, he has a sister in her 30s who has a son named robert who at the time was about 14, he had left his art work,which he had shown chris earlier crumbled up in the attic, dummy. Well Mrs pam found it but let his mom (her daughter) deal with it. For anyone whos interested in the detail it was pic of woman bending over, the man was behind her (use your imagination) and a quotation bubble coming from the ladies mouth saying thats the spot but the wrong hole" or something to that affect. I know its completely awful but till this day, only 7 yrs later) i cant help but laugh when i think of chris's face when he thought he was gonna get in trouble for it. icon_biggrin.gif lets all laugh its normal

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:29am
post #36 of 44

Well, I guess I have to put my 2 cents in and a funny story. They all go through this stage and it is normal. I had a stepson that lived with me since he was about 11 yrs old. I was missing all of my towels and I was looking for my brand new expensive lotion and to avail could not find it. One night I got up to go to bathroom and low and behold, I figured out real quick where my lotion went to. My stepsons door was open (across from bathroom) and he was going to town! The next day, I went out and bought him his own bottle of lotion and his own colored towel and only asked that he put his own towel in the washer machine. That was all I had to say...

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 10:59pm
post #37 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow3

Well, I guess I have to put my 2 cents in and a funny story. They all go through this stage and it is normal. I had a stepson that lived with me since he was about 11 yrs old. I was missing all of my towels and I was looking for my brand new expensive lotion and to avail could not find it. One night I got up to go to bathroom and low and behold, I figured out real quick where my lotion went to. My stepsons door was open (across from bathroom) and he was going to town! The next day, I went out and bought him his own bottle of lotion and his own colored towel and only asked that he put his own towel in the washer machine. That was all I had to say...

That's better than walking into the living room to find your 4 year old with his pants pulled down playing with himself. icon_lol.gif I told him that's why he has a bedroom and a door. icon_cool.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow3

That's better than walking into the living room to find your 4 year old with his pants pulled down playing with himself. icon_lol.gif I told him that's why he has a bedroom and a door. icon_cool.gif

Did I misread something? It sounds like she saw her 11 yr old pleasuring himself. Sounds way worse to me than a 4 yr old playing with himself. (I mean worse for a mother to see, not that it's awful that he was doing it......but hey, why don't they close the doors?? icon_smile.gif )

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #39 of 44

Ohhh gosh I haven't SEEN him do this...

UGHHH I hate to even think of that icon_sad.gif lol ... Ok.. time to grow up MOM LOL

Laura102777 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:07pm
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ohhh gosh I haven't SEEN him do this...

UGHHH I hate to even think of that icon_sad.gif lol ... Ok.. time to grow up MOM LOL

No, I didn't think you did. I was referring to Hallow3's story. And when I reread it, it didn't say he was 11 when it happened.....just that he had lived with her since he was 11. It doesn't really matter how old he was though, I can't imagine walking by his open bedroom door and seeing that! icon_surprised.gif LOL

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 11:11pm
post #41 of 44

OH no Laura I understood you LOL... I was just saying THANK GOD I haven't seen my son do it LOL

Laura102777 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:12am
post #42 of 44

Amen! LOL

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 11:03pm
post #43 of 44

ew, you guys and your stories, i thought mine was bad! i definately laughed as i said ewww though! icon_biggrin.gif

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 2:07am
post #44 of 44

I noticed the dates on this thread stretch back a ways, but here's my advice. If your hubby doesn't feel comfortable having the "talk", find a close male friend that he's comfortable with to have the talk with him, also some libraries carry books and dvd's for this exact subject. My husband and I both had the "talk" with my daughter and HE did most of the talking including how boys only want one thing and so on and she was very comfortable with both of us. Every now and then, she'll ask HIM a question when she thinks abouth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%