I Promise I Searched But...cookie Stick Question.

Decorating By Rambo Updated 24 Oct 2006 , 3:50pm by sweetcakes

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 8

Well after searching for over an hour in the forums I decided to take the easy way out. I'm making a pumpkin cake this weekend for a Halloween party and I want to stick ghost cookies (since I will have leftovers from a preschool party) into the cake. I'm pretty sure I can do the whole cookie on a stick thing, my question is, do I have to do anything to the bottom of the stick to make it stand upright in the cake? I'm hoping for floating ghosts not droopy ghouls.

Thanks to anybody who takes the time to answer, my eyes are killing me from searching. icon_eek.gif

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 8

nope.........I'd just stick them in!! I mean you stick them right into the cookie too right??? Shouldn't be any different! Just so you know the cookie sticks can begin to soften some when they're in the cake for a long time.......but you should be fine for even a day or two!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 8

if your making a double layer cake i think they would stay upright, if its just a sheet cake then there wont be enough cake to support the cookies, especialy if you want them not touching the cake. you could use bamboo skewers and use the pointed end to push through the cake and into the board, but then you would have to trim the skewer before you put it into the cookie. umm ?"? to what lenght would be the question..

lemoncurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lemoncurd Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 8

Next time don't search so long, just ask! icon_smile.gif

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks guys. I only searched so long because I was sure I'd read something somewhere not too long ago. When it was probably 2 months ago in reality. I'm on here so much it all starts to blur. It's going to be a pumpkin cake out of two bundt pans so it should be plenty thick enough.

Thanks again, it's going to be a busy week so I'm getting all my worries out early on.

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 8

One suggestion I have is to try to have your sticks standing straight, not leaning at an angle when you put them into the cake.

It'll be much easier for your cake to support them if they're not being pulled down by gravity, LOL!

Post a pic when you're finished, it sounds like a cute cake!

Laura.

rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:35pm
post #7 of 8

Since we're on the subject, do most of you put the cookie stick in a) the raw cookie dough and bake it with stick in it; b) put the stick in the cookie right after it comes out of the oven and is still soft; c) "glue" it to the cookie with icing; or d) something else? I've been doing method "a" but sometimes they come out after they're cooled. Any trick to it?

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:50pm
post #8 of 8

i bake with the stick in, sometimes you can see the stick on the back after it is baked though but it hasn;t been a problem, i also use lollipop sticks, they are not quite so thick. sure would like to buy these in bulk, anyone have a source?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%