Yo Gabba Gabba

Lounge By cykrivera Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 12:52am by MimiFord

megal80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megal80 Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 12:27am
post #31 of 40

My three year old son couldn't keep his eyes off of it...I swear it was brainwashing us both. I agree, I can handle other obnoxious shows, but yo gabba gabba is to much for me!

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 4:05am
post #32 of 40

I love Spongebob, so does my four year old. My sisters stare at me like I am crazy when they catch me laughing at it. Sometimes I am so used to watching cartoons that I will have them on and not even notice that my son is not around. Don't get me wrong though my son enjoys other educational shows like Blue, Caliou and Sesame Street but the little yellow guy is something we enjoy together.... icon_lol.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 4:24am
post #33 of 40

I babysit my little cousins (and two of my own) so I have a total of five kids under five during the day. They all LOVE the show! They sing and dance along with the entire show it's hilarious. I kind of enjoy it too, lol. I think I like the fact that the songs have a good beat so even if they are corny they get your toes tapping, lmao!

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 6:44pm
post #34 of 40

My girls are 2 and 3 and they're watching it as I type this. I cannot believe how mesmerized they are by it! And I had to laugh because Biz Markee was just beat boxing on the show right now!!!

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:38pm
post #35 of 40

I thought the commercial looked horrible too. I let my DD watch it. It is like a bad 80's trip. But she loves it. She dances with them. Whatever. My mom couldn't understand the Smurfs or Fraggle Rock! LOL

It's just the start of shows we won't understand.

Tawana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tawana Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:28am
post #36 of 40

My son hasn't watched it.
He mostly watches Noggin and The Disney Channel.
He's learned quite a bit in my opinion.
He's three and just today he told me that he likes Meteors! Go figure!!!
He even showed me one---a broken piece of concrete. HA!
He has a great vocabulary. He doesn't talk very plain, but he can certainly carry on a conversation.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 3:39am
post #37 of 40

*There's a party in my tummy... so yummy, so yummy!*

Sorry, got sidetracked there. Hehehe. If you've watched Yo Gabba Gabba, you'll get that joke.

Anyway, the show is terrible. There are a few fun things on it, but I have some serious issues with it.

First of all, when it comes on, I feel like DJ Lance Rock (what a joke of a name for this nerd) is actually trying to molest my child through the TV. I'm sorry, I am not trying to get anyone's hackles up, I am not syaing he IS like that, I am just saying that he gives me the MOST CREEPY child molester vibe. Part of it is his creepy bad-cheerleader dance that he does where he kicks up his leg and claps his hands under his leg, but his timing is so bad that he ends up almost tripping himslef, and then spins around with his arms out in the worst dance I've ever seen. It's just *not right*.

Another issue I have is that one of the characters looks like a giant... well... I don't want to offend anyone by saying it... buy a giant *woman's pleasure giver*. And I don't mean 'chocolate bar'. icon_lol.gif

And the songs are so bad. They are trying to teach very nice lessons, but the lyrics are so bad. (Except the party in my tummy song. I can't get that Godforsaken thing out of my head!!!) Fortunately they are writing them for children, so they have less descerning tastes.

Wow, sorry, I bet you didn't expect this enormous tirade... but this show is just plain bad. I am praying it won't last more than one season because it interrupts our precious Dora, Diego, Wonder Pets, and Spongebob! Yes, we have the TV on for noise during the day while we play, then occasionally stop to watch a few minutes if it's interesting. But, he doesn't stare at it all day slack-jawed!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:26pm
post #38 of 40

My 2.5 yr old loves it, but my 4.5 yr old hates it. I certainly hate it!

How about the song "Don't bite your friends, don't bite your friends." It gave my son the idea to bite his friend.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:16pm
post #39 of 40

My 20 month old watched the show once and I thought I'd go nuts just sitting there. It was terrible! The 70's retro thing just doesn't do it for me and the guy is just weird!

I can't stand the doodlebops, barney or teletubbies either. I usually have the TV on all day long just for noise in the background and my son will watch some things but he's usually too busy getting into things he knows he shouldn't.

He loves Curious George and Sesame Street so we watch PBS a lot. And he usually watches the Curious George movie a few times a week.

I don't know about it helping his vocabulary since he doesn't try to talk much. Like I said, he's more interested in getting into stuff and driving me nuts! icon_smile.gif

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:52am
post #40 of 40

I babysit my 16mo. old grandson every weekend, so the TV is on Noggin or Nick the entire day. No, but hell no to Yo Gabba Gabba, The Wiggles, and The Doodlebops. He is a big SpongeBob fan - would watch it when he wasn't even big enough to sit up - in the bouncy seat in front of the TV. He loves Jack's Big Music Show, Diego, Dora, Franklin, Little Bear, Backyardigans, The Wonder Pets - and of course, if those fail to entertain him at some point, he just goes over to the DVD shelf and hands me a Disney movie - we won't go into how many times I've had to watch Cars in one day icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%