Loved Ace Of Cakes Tonight!

Decorating By indydebi Updated 26 Aug 2007 , 1:25pm by baergarivera

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:52am
post #1 of 19

I had previously stated that I wasn't a big fan of the Ace of Cakes show because I preferred shows that showed more cake technique (and less story-time about employees, customers, trips, etc.)

Well, tonight I retract that because this show was great! Lots of shots showing how the cakes were done, with just enough story to explain the cake and give it a just enough entertaining value.

I am hoping to see more in this format! I luv'd it!

18 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:12am
post #2 of 19

That....... and the tug-at-your-heartstrings Make-A-Wish cake. icon_smile.gif

salome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salome Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:29am
post #3 of 19

I totally agree w/ you Indy, it was a great show and that little girl was adorable, she couldnt stop smiling icon_biggrin.gif I pray she will be okay. They did an awesome job with her jungle cake icon_biggrin.gif

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #4 of 19

&(%$ I missed it again...when will they replay it? Is there any other cake shows on cable?????

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:40am
post #5 of 19

I agree like the episo but it was a repeat. Can't waint until the 3 season starts

Michelle icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:42am
post #6 of 19

The first episode wasn't a repeat. Season 3 already started. Right? The second episode was the repeat. Am I just confused?

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:42am
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarie_73

&(%$ I missed it again...when will they replay it? Is there any other cake shows on cable?????

oh gosh, foodtv always seems to have so many repeats of its shows..... you'll get another chance! (it's a good thing 'cause I tried to tivo the sweet 16 cake competition and for some reason it failed. No less than 24 hours and it was on again icon_smile.gif I'm just about to go watch it!

delta95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delta95 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:44am
post #8 of 19

I love that show, but I totally agree with you! I'm always wanting to see HOW they make those. I know most ppl probably jsut like the drama and the finished product...but us cake ppl want to see the process. I'd love to just sit in the place and watch them for a few days. That would be the best training ever.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:45am
post #9 of 19

Michelle-that is correct. The first episode is new-the second is the repeat of last season....unless I missed one somewhere!!! Season 3 started about 3 weeks ago.

valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:57am
post #10 of 19

It was great tonight. I was crying over the Make a Wish kid. Love that show... I want to be friends with all of them! icon_lol.gif

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 4:09am
post #11 of 19

ok it is midnight here and I can not belive I missed it!! Thats what I get for buying and installing a new anti virus...durn it..lol
Ok it is back on at 1am the dvr is set and I am ready to watch it...lol
When Hubbs is away the mice will...watch tv..lol ok ok I'm lame icon_rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the heads up Debi.. thumbs_up.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 5:35am
post #12 of 19

Yeah, that cake looked pretty awesome with all the luster dust sprayed on it. The animals were so cute!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 6:01am
post #13 of 19

Darnit the DH was watching Hunting programs icon_sad.gif That makes me mad

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:58am
post #14 of 19

icon_mad.gificon_mad.giftapedshut.gif

I can't believe I missed it!!!! Not that it would have mattered anyhow. My stupid tv keeps on burping. It probably would have driven me crazy, watching it in 3 second increments any way. tapedshut.gif It will be on again, and hopefully, it won't be foggy, and cloudy!!!

This guy cracks me up. I love to see how he uses the power tools to make different things. (the belt sander for gumpaste box tops and such ) is my favorite, then the torches to change the color of stuff.

just my two cents sorry if it was long.
icon_smile.gif

Trance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trance Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:08pm
post #15 of 19

You can go to the Foodnetwork website and click on the TV tab and pull up times and dates of any show on the channel. It even tells you what episode it is. thumbs_up.gif

ta2grl25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ta2grl25 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:26pm
post #16 of 19

Okay, maybe I'm being a little bit silly considering the type of episode that was on last night. But I must say, I enjoy watching all the cakes that they do, they are all very talented. However, I seem to find myself staring at Mr. Duff more and more each time I watch. icon_lol.gif

THESUGARCOW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THESUGARCOW Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:32pm
post #17 of 19

i forgot to see it again! icon_cry.gif
oh i hate when my brain goes to sleep before me and dont lets me know! icon_cry.gif

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:40pm
post #18 of 19

I really enjoyed the episode last night. Laura was so cute!

I think a repeat of the new episode is usually on Sunday at 5pm and there is usually there is an oldie on 3 or 330pm on Saturday.

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:25pm
post #19 of 19

ok guys, here are some of the schedules for ace of cakes,

www.foodnetwork.com/food/show

Ace of Cakes

AIR TIMES:
August 26, 2007 5:00 PM ET/PT
August 26, 2007 11:00 PM ET/PT
August 27, 2007 2:00 AM ET/PT
October 25, 2007 10:30 PM ET/PT
October 26, 2007 1:30 AM ET/PT