Please Vote For A Name!

Business By mommabuda Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 5:36pm by theabsinaz

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 25

I'm trying to pick out a name for our new "cakery"... I'm only going to do cakes, cupcakes and cookies... no bakery like donuts, pies or bread. I've been using the name "Kakes by Kristy" for awhile now but not sure if I want to go with it because of the K thing... what do you think?

24 replies
Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 25

I like Kristy's Kakes. icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 25

Well, my name happens to be Kristy also. No offense to anyone who likes it, but I just have a thing about businesses who spell their names incorrectly on purpose. I can't stand it, especially, cakes (Kakes). I know lots of other people feel that way too. HTH thumbs_up.gif

meredetrois Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredetrois Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 25

I like Creative Cakery icon_smile.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 25

I like Creative Cakery. It leaves like an image when you say the name.

icon_smile.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:26pm
post #6 of 25

I don't mean to be mean, but I hate it when things start with a K that are suppossed to be a C. My DH and I call it "Klassy with a K".

I hope that didn't hurt your feelings, I wasn't trying to be rude, but just wanted to give you my first impression.

I like The Cakery.

nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 25

I like Creative Cakery. I think it flows better if that makes any sense at all.

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 25

I have to agree with the whole "spelling it wrong" It drives me crazy!!!

I voted for Creative Cakery. It leaves an image and describes that you create beyond the basics.

HTH

WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 25

I like the sound of Creative Cakery because the name expresses that you have imagination in your craft.

Zaxapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zaxapi Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm
post #10 of 25

I like creative cakery it sounds like you are an artist instead of someone that just produces mass quantities of the same products

ButtercupMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercupMama Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:19am
post #11 of 25

I chose Creative Cakery because:

*It's simple to spell; no confusion like the many variations of "Kristy".
*Alphabetically it would be listed first (phone book, etc.)
*It states exactly what your specialty is! This is important!

If no one else in your state has this trade name, I would get it pinned down!
My business has the word Cakery in it too, and it is an unusual word still, thank goodness. I think it makes it easier to to an internet search for me.
Good luck, whichever you choose! icon_smile.gif

mezzaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mezzaluna Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 6:44am
post #12 of 25

Being violenty allergic to cutesy crap (or would that be kutesy krap?) like misspelling cake with a 'k', I voted for Kristy's Cakery, although The Cakery is good, too.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:13am
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzaluna

Being violenty allergic to cutesy crap (or would that be kutesy krap?) .

hee hee heeeee icon_lol.gif

i like creative cakery

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:32am
post #14 of 25

I like Kristys Cakery, it's all about you and your talent and vision, that won my vote.
But I also like Creative Cakery!!!

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:56am
post #15 of 25

I like Baker Buda! it sounds fun but it doesnt really tell you what the business is about.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 8:10am
post #16 of 25

I really like creative cakery...not for any specific reason other than it sounding really cool. icon_smile.gif I agree with the others though, it does sound like what you produce will be special and individually done, not mass produced. icon_smile.gif Good luck!

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 8:29am
post #17 of 25

My vote is for Creative Cakery=) I don't like it when things are spelled wrong on purpose. icon_biggrin.gif

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 9:21am
post #18 of 25

I also recommend that you don't spell it incorrectly...you want people to know you're serious and mature about your craft and incorrect spelling just for illiteration doesn't say that. It shouldn't be a requirement to know your name entering your store, they should leave your store knowing your name! I like Creative Cakery, it lets people know you're open to all kinds of cake interpretations and this may draw people in who have unusual ideas for their cakes.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 4:26pm
post #19 of 25

As much as I do like the "Cakery" name, there's 3 of them in my state already and a bunch in the bordering states so I really don't want to go with it. I've surveyed my friends & family and they all think "Kakes by Kristy" (I know the whole spelling thing gets to some of you!) BUT this IS what I've been going by and I don't think it's really going to bother anyone or make them think I'm not serious about what I do... I'm kinda leaning towards that as the name but we'll see...

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 4:44pm
post #20 of 25

I voted for Creative Cakery but taking into considertation what you just said how about "Kristy's Creative Cakes"

It still has your name but tells people it is not just any ordinary cake also.

Good luck

JMO

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 4:45pm
post #21 of 25

Hi! My favorite is Kakes by Kristy. I think it's catchy, and something your clients will easily remember when referring you to other people. Good luck!!!! icon_smile.gif

Kimskakes23336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimskakes23336 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 4:55pm
post #22 of 25

Considering my business is "Kim's Kakes", I like Kristy's Kakes. I am judged by my cakes, not my name. Plus my husband came up with the name and he WAS trying to be cute. Since I have much more serious things to worry about than whether something is spelled phonetically or not, it has never bothered me, it's too petty. You go with what you like. People will judge you on your taste, not your name.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 5:07pm
post #23 of 25

I voted for Kakes by Kristy for two reasons; 1) You like it best and if you are happy it will show in your cakes and the cake quality is what will keep bringing customers back, and 2) I simply like it best.

Now for my two cents on the spelling issue~~~Often times there is more behind a name than first realized, for instance, my id TeeKakes. Most of you probably think it is the funky way I wanted to spell Teacakes just to be different. Nope, not at all.
My birth name is Teeka Lea and everyone calls me Lea because Teeka is often times a difficult name for people to remember, let alone spell. icon_smile.gif
But I like the name my mother gave me almost 50 years ago and wanted to use it in my cake business so I simply added "kes" to my name "Teeka" and it spells "Teekakes".
Thanks Mom!! icon_biggrin.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 5:08pm
post #24 of 25

I'm not a fan of words spelled wrong, mostly because it confuses my little ones who are just starting to read. Having said that though, I do like Kristy's Kakes. It's quick and catchy.

theabsinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theabsinaz Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 5:36pm
post #25 of 25

I voted for Creative Cakery too but I think 'Kristy's Creative Cakery' sounds best. 'Creative Cakery' alone sounds professional but unfinished & not personable enough. And since you said there are a few 'cakeries' in your town, it wouldn't stand out alone. If you add your name to it, it says to me:
KRISTY'S: your cakes are your own artistic creations
CREATIVE: no typical sheet cakes here
CAKERY: no doughnuts, cookies or breads coming out of this fun, professional kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%